OT: - Tarausi out 4 weeks with chest injury | The Boneyard

OT: Tarausi out 4 weeks with chest injury

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Man, I saw this collision last week and although she kept grabbing her upper sternum area, she still drilled free throws and maybe a few shots. Ouch

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Of course January argued no foul. Just a sternum fracture.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just terrible. Hope she can make it back this season in good form. They need her to get in the playoffs imo

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Could this injury keep her from being on the U.S. Olympic team in July?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If she's out 4 weeks, she would be back about 3 weeks before the WNBA pauses for the Olympics. Unless she's dead, I doubt she misses them. One way or the other, she will be there!!! Go Dee - get well soon! GOAT!!!!

Reaction Score
A fractured sternum? That is a big injury! Doesn't break easily. Ouch!!! Wonder if the league will revisit that play to determine if, even well after the game, it constituted a technical foul?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
A fractured sternum? That is a big injury! Doesn't break easily. Ouch!!! Wonder if the league will revisit that play to determine if, even well after the game, it constituted a technical foul?
That was my thought too, however when I watched the replay this am, there was no excess contact by another player, so I'm wondering if it was one of those "perfect" contacts where someone gets you in exactly the right spot. And, it was interesting that she didn't react to the injury until she tried to get up, so perhaps a combination of contact and her landing awkwardly?

Reaction Score
That was my thought too, however when I watched the replay this am, there was no excess contact by another player, so I'm wondering if it was one of those "perfect" contacts where someone gets you in exactly the right spot. And, it was interesting that she didn't react to the injury until she tried to get up, so perhaps a combination of contact and her landing awkwardly?

I was going to say this doesn't look like that hard of a collision between the two. So I think you're probably right, it was a combination of collision & landing that did it.

Reaction Score
Agree with the above. DT is of the age where things don't heal as quickly as they used to. Many women also have to deal with bone density issues as they age. I hope she recovers well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom