Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Position:
The Setsuko Ishiyama Director of Women's Basketball

What do you call this position?

Reaction Score
Believe it or not: The Setsuko Ishiyama Director of Women's Basketball

Although I like Wonkster's title better.

Reaction Score
It's an endowed chair (eg, Mr/Ms Ishiyama donated a lot of money to permanently supplement the salary for that position). Common practice at many schools.

Not sure what there is to make fun of here.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's an endowed chair (eg, Mr/Ms Ishiyama donated a lot of money to permanently supplement the salary for that position). Common practice at many schools.

It's pretty cool and reflects the bundle of money that Stanford has.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

It's the 'yard. There's always something to make fun of - especially if it's not anglo-saxon.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
not sure why the OP deleted it but it's "The Setsuko Ishiyama Director of Women's Basketball"

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
And what about the absurdity of "endowing a chair"? With what? Sequins?
Does that make it well-endowed and the envy of men everywhere?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
C' MON guys, lighten up; we're an enlightened group!

Reaction Score
I think its great.Eitherway, she makes a ton of money and is a great coach.......She laughs all the way to the bank.....Go Tara

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't know if you recollect, but I remember reading here a few years ago that the Yale coach is the Joel E. Smilow, Class of 1954 Head Coach. The men's coach is likewise endowed with the same title.

Reaction Score
I think its great.Eitherway, she makes a ton of money and is a great coach.......She laughs all the way to the bank.....Go Tara

You'd be surprised how much she makes compared to Geon and Pat. Salaries at private institutions are not made public, but you can bet she is making less, by a lot.

Endowments by donors at private institutions are key because they provide the scholarships and other funding,vwhich saves the school $.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Not sure that anyone was "making fun" of it. Just enjoying the humor for what it as the full title for a head basketball coach position and, yes, such things are common in regard to university positions.

Reaction Score
It's the 'yard. There's always something to make fun of - especially if it's not anglo-saxon.

That's for sure. Most people instinctively think of Japan when the topic drifts to women's basketball.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
You'd be surprised how much she makes compared to Geon and Pat. Salaries at private institutions are not made public, but you can bet she is making less, by a lot.

Endowments by donors at private institutions are key because they provide the scholarships and other funding,vwhich saves the school $.

HELLO CARDFAN! Having visited Stanford some years ago, I am surprised folks don't have to pay to coach/teach there! Nice spot!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
You'd be surprised how much she makes compared to Geon...
As it should be, given "Geon's" superior accomplishments and title...Grand Poobah of the Benevolent Society of Angry Misanthropes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom