Tara Tea Leaves | The Boneyard

Tara Tea Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A Tara quote from post-game: "Our coaches are going to work harder to give those who want to step up a chance to be successful." It is her style to be low key and thoughful, and this was just after the game, but it seems like a measured and carefully parsed statement. I read her as displeased with her starting rotation and displeased with the lackluster attitude the Cardinal displayed in going down hard on their own home hardwood.

Am I finding something that is not there?

Reaction Score
... Am I finding something that is not there?
Nah, I don't think so. I really like your turn of phrase "going down hard on their own home hardwood."

You can be sure that Chiney Ogwumike's starting position is safe. It'd be nice to see radical lineup experiments at Stanford, especially if they flop!

Reaction Score
Coaches need to spend more time on offensive flow techniques and less on how to get away with arm bars, takedowns and hip bounces. Teams play how they are coached and rewarded. Stanford's game against Uconn was all on Tara, no one does anything on that team without her direction. Don't want to hear the Tree version of the Tenn "intensity" line; Tree talent is much better than 35 points if they had concentrated on basketball during practices rather than roughing up Uconn while knowing their hand picked refs would look the other way (like they did for the previous 82 home games). There is a reason it's hard to ever win at the Trees, some is talent, some is ????? (and its not that the rims are too high).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom