Tara agrees (with me!!) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tara agrees (with me!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
OY.

I have watched Stanford and UConn up close against Rutgers and Stanford against Arizona as well. Neither Stanford nor UConn normally play an excessively physical game - i.e. they don't depend on grabbing, shoving and the like to be successful. Sorry to folks on both sides - but they don't.

On the other hand, IMHO, they BOTH are capable of taking what the referees give. Neither backs down, and both can commit fouls. On the whole though, I would think without checking that they are among the least penalized teams.

As to bruises - I was shocked in 1997 when a Rutgers center named Susan Blauser showed what had happened to her arm in a game against Boston College. Black and blue practically from top to bottom - which corresponded to what we had seen on the court (I suspect the other player had a few bruises too). In any case, 15 years later - not shocked.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
As to bruises - I was shocked in 1997 when a Rutgers center named Susan Blauser showed what had happened to her arm in a game against Boston College. Black and blue practically from top to bottom - which corresponded to what we had seen on the court (I suspect the other player had a few bruises too). In any case, 15 years later - not shocked.

Wait. Are you suggesting that the women's game didn't get "too physical" in the last two years? Color me shocked.

Just as shocked at UConn's behavior during the Penn State NCAA tourney game v. Mazzante. Talk about "mugged!" (and I enjoyed every second of it!)

Reaction Score
Well, here's Geno's response when told of Tara's comments:

Responded Auriemma: "That's great to hear. Because last time we were here [2010] we probably could have used some helmets. That was one of the more physical games played that year."

This is from Jeff Jacobs' column, and Jeff cautions readers to watch for bruises on the UConn players. LOL

Do you think Summitt believes her? Certainly not after the Stanford-Tenn game in '07 when Parker was too beat up to participate in the post-game press conference.

That was such bull about Parker, she was on her to the way to SFO right after the game to catch a flight. Stanford can't win. They are deemed too slow and not athletic, to being too physical. TN calling us too physical is laughable. They invented maul ball.

Reaction Score
OY.

I have watched Stanford and UConn up close against Rutgers and Stanford against Arizona as well. Neither Stanford nor UConn normally play an excessively physical game - i.e. they don't depend on grabbing, shoving and the like to be successful. Sorry to folks on both sides - but they don't.

On the other hand, IMHO, they BOTH are capable of taking what the referees give. Neither backs down, and both can commit fouls. On the whole though, I would think without checking that they are among the least penalized teams.

excellent points about RU and Ariz (and ASU). Completely agree Stanford and UConn do not play that style.

Reaction Score
Ahhh, the old "hold them and push them off" play? Since you where there and I wasn't, I will have to take your word for it. It should have been called a foul in that case. You sure you did not see any other times when Maya did not initiate the contact? You really think that not putting a body on Maya is good strategy?
A lot of things the cards did should have been called fouls in that game but the only fouls called were against UConn and 3/4 of them were bogus so can it and stop being a partisan jerk !!!!!!

Reaction Score
Maya and others were not an

Maya and other Huskies were not angels. I sat very close to the floor that game and there was holding and pushing by Maya to get an open shot.
Get your eyes checked the game was called terribly UConn got called for ticky tacky fouls and Stanford was allowed to embrace the person they were guarding. I recorded the whole game and have watched it many times. As well as the famous NCAA championship game which UConn won.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Get your eyes checked the game was called terribly UConn got called for ticky tacky fouls and Stanford was allowed to embrace the person they were guarding. I recorded the whole game and have watched it many times. As well as the famous NCAA championship game which UConn won.

A lot of things the cards did should have been called fouls in that game but the only fouls called were against UConn and 3/4 of them were bogus so can it and stop being a partisan jerk !!!!!!

You want some cheese with that whine? Sheesh. I appreciate a rehash as much as anyone, but it gets a little old when the same song is sung. "They got all the calls." "We got mugged." When Portland pulled that carp, no one gave her an ounce of sympathy.

And yes, cardfan is partisan. Duh. Consider the name. And name callin' is soooooo lazy.

Reaction Score
You want some cheese with that whine? Sheesh. I appreciate a rehash as much as anyone, but it gets a little old when the same song is sung. "They got all the calls." "We got mugged." When Portland pulled that carp, no one gave her an ounce of sympathy.

And yes, cardfan is partisan. Duh. Consider the name. And name callin' is soooooo lazy.
It's fine to be partisan do it on your own site we don't need to hear from you on a UConn site. And you're still a jerk

Reaction Score
I didn't bring it, chochoo did. Did you not follow the thread and quotes? He/she said this "Tara, is a proven lyre. She hid injuries from the NCAA to secure a 1 seed years ago. Should we believe her now?"

So, I responded with the fact of the injury (singular) to Nygaard the night before the selection show, and timing of Folk's injury after the selection show.

A black mark because we lost 2 all Americans in the same week, which no other team has experienced. Fine.
To be honest I did not follow this post to closely. First off.... I would love for Chochoo or you to tell me how Tara is a lyre? If she can somehow become an ancient Greek musical instrument, that would be awesome. Also, who cares what Tara says or believes? I am a UCONN fan. I care about what Geno says and believes. I just rewatched the 2010 National title game and Geno commented about the overly physical play of the Stanford players... this was two years ago.

Who cares about Tara, seriously? All this conjecture is crazy

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I gotta hand it to Tara. She is right about women's basketball in general, and she kept her word. Unfortunately the result was a UConn blowout and not the best outcome for the "sport".
Then I submit what would their rough game look like. Maybe Stamford just does not have the physicality of say ND the last few year. Only time will tell. Mulkey is getting her alligator jacket ready as we text.

Reaction Score
It hasn't cost me squat. I knew you joking. I know the meaning of lyre vs. liar. You used someone else's quote as mine. I didn't find that funny. Hard to be a cutie pie when a previous poster talked about the H game being such a black mark for the Stanford program, blah, blah, blah. Harping/lying, black mark, it's all very funny. I get it.
And I intentionally misspelled liar on purpose, do you not think i have spell check. How ya feeling about your teams chances for a NCAA championship now. Tara needs to rethink her switch from the triangle to what ever it was she was running during the game. Home court ,Pretty offense , lots of scoring, I don't think so. Maybe deep down inside she knew your team did not have the speed and muscle to battle a great Uconn defensive team.

Reaction Score
To be honest I did not follow this post to closely. First off.... I would love for Chochoo or you to tell me how Tara is a lyre? If she can somehow become an ancient Greek musical instrument, that would be awesome. Also, who cares what Tara says or believes? I am a UCONN fan. I care about what Geno says and believes. I just rewatched the 2010 National title game and Geno commented about the overly physical play of the Stanford players... this was two years ago.

Who cares about Tara, seriously? All this conjecture is crazy
The play on the court today said it all.

Reaction Score
Three things, Sal:

1. ThisJustIn, to whom you appear to be replying, is a UConn fan. Her own site is here.

2. We welcome fans of other teams who come here to engage in civil discussion. Cardfan is a partisan who adheres to our standards.

3. Name-calling, in which you just indulged, is not civil discussion and is not welcome here.

Kindly take note.
I didn't think calling someone a jerk was a big deal but I will refrain.

Reaction Score
I gotta hand it to Tara. She is right about women's basketball in general, and she kept her word. Unfortunately the result was a UConn blowout and not the best outcome for the "sport".
Why not the best outcome for the sport? The AP and USA polls have been wrong since Stanford Baylor by bypassing UConn.
That is bad for the sport! Also they have undervalued ND as well as UConn. UConn played aggressively but not illegally. No one on UConn grabbed anyone's arm as I saw Stanford players do on at least two occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom