Tara agrees (with me!!) | The Boneyard

Tara agrees (with me!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maya and others were not an
Clearly CO didn't get the memo 2 years ago when she guarded (actually held) Maya during the whole game and I doubt she'll get the memo this time

Maya and other Huskies were not angels. I sat very close to the floor that game and there was holding and pushing by Maya to get an open shot.

Reaction Score

Maya and other Huskies were not angels. I sat very close to the floor that game and there was holding and pushing by Maya to get an open shot.
Tara, is a proven lyre. She hid injuries from the NCAA to secure a 1 seed years ago. Should we believe her now?

Reaction Score

Wait, let me get this straight. To have an open shot, Maya wants to separate herself and be free from her opponent, right? So how can Maya get free, if as you say, she was holding her opponent? Pushing to get free implies she is being held and thus being fouled. So what exactly is your point?

BTW. The women's game is too physical and it will be the least talented team that will be the most physical.

Reaction Score
Tara, is a proven lyre. She hid injuries from the NCAA to secure a 1 seed years ago. Should we believe her now?

omg.

It was 14 years ago in 1998.

Vanessa Nygaard (third team All American and 3 pt shooter leader) hurt her knee @ Oregon St. on Sat. night (PT time) before the then, Sunday selection show. She said she thought she could play, didn't think it was that bad. She had the MRI at Stanford on Sunday am (selection show was 11am PT), but it was inconclusive due to swelling -which is common after flying. She had another MRI on Monday, after the selection show, which showed an ACL tear.

Kristin Folkl, first team All American, injured her knee in practice the Tuesday after the selection show. Tests showed ACL and MCL tear.

Reaction Score
Wait, let me get this straight. To have an open shot, Maya wants to separate herself and be free from her opponent, right? So how can Maya get free, if as you say, she was holding her opponent? Pushing to get free implies she is being held and thus being fouled. So what exactly is your point?

BTW. The woman's game is too physical and it will be the least talented team that will be the most physical.

I saw one where she first held and then pushed off to get free, no call. It happened right in front of me.

Reaction Score
I saw one where she first held and then pushed off to get free, no call. It happened right in front of me.

Ahhh, the old "hold them and push them off" play? Since you where there and I wasn't, I will have to take your word for it. It should have been called a foul in that case. You sure you did not see any other times when Maya did not initiate the contact? You really think that not putting a body on Maya is good strategy?

Reaction Score
omg.

It was 14 years ago in 1998.

Vanessa Nygaard (third team All American and 3 pt shooter leader) hurt her knee @ Oregon St. on Sat. night (PT time) before the then, Sunday selection show. She said she thought she could play, didn't think it was that bad. She had the MRI at Stanford on Sunday am (selection show was 11am PT), but it was inconclusive due to swelling -which is common after flying. She had another MRI on Monday, after the selection show, which showed an ACL tear.

Kristin Folkl, first team All American, injured her knee in practice the Tuesday after the selection show. Tests showed ACL and MCL tear.
Why bring this up? This is damning towards Stanford... the only 1 to be beaten by a 16 in the history of the NCAA in both mens and womens basketball. That is a black mark on Tara's resume and on the Stanford Program.

UCONN to this day remains the only program to win a mens and womens national title in the same year.

Reaction Score
Why bring this up? This is damning towards Stanford... the only 1 to be beaten by a 16 in the history of the NCAA in both mens and womens basketball. That is a black mark on Tara's resume and on the Stanford Program.

UCONN to this day remains the only program to win a mens and womens national title in the same year.

I didn't bring it, chochoo did. Did you not follow the thread and quotes? He/she said this "Tara, is a proven lyre. She hid injuries from the NCAA to secure a 1 seed years ago. Should we believe her now?"

So, I responded with the fact of the injury (singular) to Nygaard the night before the selection show, and timing of Folk's injury after the selection show.

A black mark because we lost 2 all Americans in the same week, which no other team has experienced. Fine.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think Tara believes this is true but, also, knows that it is a style of play that has been long gone. Her team will be prepared to play however the game is called as will UCONN.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
again, I didn't say that. Chochoo did. Please quote the correct author.
And it has cost you your sense of humor. I was joking. Lyre-harping. Not liar as the other is spelled. I was quoting you quoting because that was the point of what you were reacting to.

Reaction Score
62L7l.png

Reaction Score
And it has cost you your sense of humor. I was joking. Lyre-harping. Not liar as the other is spelled. I was quoting you quoting because that was the point of what you were reacting to.

It hasn't cost me squat. I knew you joking. I know the meaning of lyre vs. liar. You used someone else's quote as mine. I didn't find that funny. Hard to be a cutie pie when a previous poster talked about the H game being such a black mark for the Stanford program, blah, blah, blah. Harping/lying, black mark, it's all very funny. I get it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It hasn't cost me squat. I knew you joking. I know the meaning of lyre vs. liar. You used someone else's quote as mine. I didn't find that funny. Hard to be a cutie pie when a previous poster talked about the H game being such a black mark for the Stanford program, blah, blah, blah. Harping/lying, black mark, it's all very funny. I get it.
Sorry, I was simply trying to break the cycle with a little humor but you are incapable at the moment of having any of it. I don't expect you to be a cutie pie but being miserable ain't worth it. Let it go, blow it off. It isn't worth it. Blessings for the new year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I disagree. It will change at the opening tip.. Anyone who believes Tara is a fool. I doubt Geno believes her and you can be sure UConn will be ready for a very physical game, unlike 2010.

Well, here's Geno's response when told of Tara's comments:

Responded Auriemma: "That's great to hear. Because last time we were here [2010] we probably could have used some helmets. That was one of the more physical games played that year."

This is from Jeff Jacobs' column, and Jeff cautions readers to watch for bruises on the UConn players. LOL

Do you think Summitt believes her? Certainly not after the Stanford-Tenn game in '07 when Parker was too beat up to participate in the post-game press conference.

Reaction Score
FINALLY! Normal rivals-on-a-fansite behavior, no more of the gentlemen and ladies expressing profound respect for each other's fabled programs palaver. She's a lyre! He's a carpsichord! Grrr! They held! We was mugged!

On the verge of real action, the lace gloves come off and we get honest emotion, unashamed of arrant bias. The players may THINK they'll settle it on the court, but we fans know the question of who deserved to win will be unsettled here. And please, we're all sophisticates, let's leave the neo-positivist "I was there and I saw..." carp behind when we step into the hermeneutic circle!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Bottom line...Tara is employing gamesmanship...trying to get the upper hand by "feigning weakness to hide strength", "put out misinformation to mislead her enemy"...these are old "Art of War" strategies. Geno isn't falling for it...because he has been there and done that. He saw first hand what Tara believes playing basketball is all about...the 2010 game was extremely physical and Maya was held the entire game...with little to no calls being made...it without a doubt impacted UConn's effectiveness. I believe to a point Geno will have his girls ready...unfortunately for the rookies it will be a baptism by fire as there is no preparing someone who has never experienced it before. What Geno will have to do...is condition them to respond with toughness, and to want to match Stanford's intensity.

I think you go into this game, in a hostile environment expecting the worse...if it isn't as bad then so be it. With all of this being said...I'm still picking UConn by 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom