Ta'Quan Roberson Wearing Jazz's #6 On Signing Day... How do we feel about this? | The Boneyard

Ta'Quan Roberson Wearing Jazz's #6 On Signing Day... How do we feel about this?

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't think that #6 should be allowed to be worn by a player unless they've shown that they are effective at representing the person Jazz was. Perhaps HCJM won't be carrying on this sentiment as hard as previous coaches.

Just seems weird for this guy to transfer in and pick up the #6. Feels off.

1643949247355.png

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
His signing announcements all have Ta'Quan in the #1 jersey.

I hope the pic with him and coach with Jazz's #6 is just a show of respect for what has come before BOTH of them.

If not, I agree. Feels off but need more context.

Reaction Score
It's a number and it is signing day. Don't get your panties soiled. I am certain Mora and new staff will learn the heritage and we shall see in June when they start deciding all numbers. More thought will go into #6

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Not to be insensitive, but I'm fine with someone else wearing the jersey. There's a permanent monument at Rentschler to remember Jasper. In general I've never really cared about retiring jerseys. Somewhere way in the future, the great teams may need to move into triple figures or start bringing in letters. I say when you hang a jersey, don't let anyone use it for 10 years and then let it be used again.

Reaction Score
John Wooden was against retiring any numbers. He thought that there were plenty of players who might not have had the success, but gave everything they had who also wore a particular number. I agree with him. Honors bestowed and memories kept alive regard of retiring a number.

Reaction Score
That's was an Edsall 1.0 thing. We have the 6 statue memorialize Jazz forever. The jersey is just number now. We honor Jazz by supporting the program, his family and the players playing the game like he played the game.

Reaction Score
If Mora wants to give a four star qb number 6 let him. He will represent the best he can.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We may want to wait for a bit more information before we judge this. Considering that this kid is from very close to where Jazz was from, the possibility exists that he may well know the history behind the number.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
There's nothing to judge here. Nobody desecrated Arlington cemetery. We see a "6" and remember Jasper Howard. That's a good thing.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with anyone who wears it with Character and Pride. I'll even forgive a coach who doesn't know the full story but once he learns it honors it in a respectable way. I realize my words cover a broad spectrum but it's a broad subject that can be dealt with in numerous ways

Reaction Score
We may want to wait for a bit more information before we judge this. Considering that this kid is from very close to where Jazz was from, the possibility exists that he may well know the history behind the number.
He's from NJ. And I say let him wear it but give someone on defense that deserves it wear 6.

Reaction Score
I’ve never been a big fan of retiring a number except in special cases e.g. Jackie Robinson, etc. Maybe #6 is a special case. I am in favor of a wall of honor approach, using a jersey, number, and name.

For those of you concerned about running out of numbers, we can switch to the Greek Alphabet, which is a college thing anyway. Then you get holding on Delta Epsilon, etc. It would be a good history lesson for the young kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom