Taplin, 7 of 8 from 3, 30 points | The Boneyard

Taplin, 7 of 8 from 3, 30 points

Reaction Score
LOL, this really deserves its own thread.

Like, this guy is killing you.

Make sure he doesn't score.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Dang...didn’t see the game. But he’s a Buffalo boy, know a lot of people that know him and his family and I’ve coached against him. Good kid, solid player.

Unreal, back to the team at issue...

Reaction Score
I was going to post earlier today asking what Tulsa player is going to go off for 25 and a career high. Taplin probably would have been a logical guess.

Reaction Score
Teams are so lucky against us. It's unreal. :rolleyes:
I agree. It’s the craziest thing. You don’t gameplan for guys with no game. But it’s always the guys with no game that game us. On paper we play the right defense every night bY focusing on the main guy but......
this may have been Ollie’s nail in the coffin. Sadly I fear despite all the optimism for brighter days, we won’t be Uconn good for another decade if ever again. The women will soon follow with geno retiring soon. We had a great run. But baseball and hockey are on the rise so who knows.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Someone has to score triple their season average against us every game. Congrats to sterling kaplin!

Reaction Score
Seriously. No adjustments. You got a guy with a hot hand and do nothing to adjust. This team is the perfect storm of awful play and and awful coaching.

Reaction Score
Teams are so lucky against us. It's unreal. :rolleyes:
I agree. It’s the craziest thing. You don’t gameplan for guys with no game. But it’s always the guys with no game that game us. . . .
Um. I was being sarcastic. The team perimeter D sucks. The explanation for the guys "with no game" killing us is that there are many "no game" guys that can kill the 3 and get on fire if there is no close out D.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
How many players this year have had career games against us? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Um. I was being sarcastic. The team perimeter D sucks. The explanation for the guys "with no game" killing us is that there are many "no game" guys that can kill the 3 and get on fire if there is no close out D.
See. I don’t think we are near good enough to peel off of the perceived defensive priorities we go in with. Yes. You should cover the guy in front of you, but a guy that shoots 30 percent shouldn’t be a target not an issue. I’m telling you your sarcasm bears some depressing truth. I’ll carry the onus of whining ,but every now and then ,the full crap storm has to come and the eye is over us right now.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It’s called in game adjustments - there are few.
That’s true. But when things are bad, everything goes bad. Ray Allen has a hard time going 8-9 in a 3 point contest. The kid hits a normal average, we win. The more glaring issue was the total absence of team D in the lane. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many wide open layups out of a set offense ever.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That’s true. But when things are bad, everything goes bad. Ray Allen has a hard time going 8-9 in a 3 point contest. The kid hits a normal average, we win. The more glaring issue was the total absence of team D in the lane. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many wide open layups out of a set offense ever.
We couldn’t recover on ball screens . The recovery help in the lane after a guy was beat was 6th grade level. I do t care how bad talent is on the team or how young we are. It’s mid February. If you can’t rotate on a simple drive off a screen you ain’t being taught right.

Reaction Score
That’s what I’m saying.

Reaction Score
Last 2 games: Taplin and Williams, 2 players, were a combined 14-21 from 3, 18-27 from the floor, for 56 points.

Getting torched by the second best scorers on these teams.

Reaction Score
Last 2 games: Taplin and Williams, 2 players, were a combined 14-21 from 3, 18-27 from the floor, for 56 points.

Getting torched by the second best scorers on these teams.

Playes right into our strategy. Just not sure what strategy that is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom