TAMU succumbs to karma | The Boneyard

TAMU succumbs to karma

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Arizona takes down TAMU. Even mugging did not allow them to win. TAMU guard Nixon clotheslined a fast breaking Wildcat and the refs never looked at the play. A well deserved loss for a team that did not earn the right to be playing tonight.

Reaction Score
Arizona takes down TAMU. Even mugging did not allow them to win. TAMU guard Nixon clotheslined a fast breaking Wildcat and the refs never looked at the play. A well deserved loss for a team that did not earn the right to be playing tonight.
I think of the TAMU loss as euthanasia. Nothing became their presence in the tournament more than their leaving of it. A firing squad is standing by for the refs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Arizona takes down TAMU. Even mugging did not allow them to win. TAMU guard Nixon clotheslined a fast breaking Wildcat and the refs never looked at the play. A well deserved loss for a team that did not earn the right to be playing tonight."

Amen brother - watching the games has NOT elevated my opinion of WNCAA officiating. Hope the Committee does something, it undermines fan faith.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
All season long A&M was a team that found a way to win close games. After the Aggies escaped with wins in the first two rounds of the Big Dance, it was just a matter of time before the clock struck midnight.

Beyond A&M’s loss last night it appears that the mighty SEC is anything but. SC is now the lone surviving conference representative left in the Big Dance, and the Gamecocks are certainly vulnerable, if not today vs GT, then certainly in a projected matchup with MD in the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
Great title to thread, and very appropriate. Ditto on the no "go to the video" on the flagrant lynching by Nixon. Three refs and not one of them felt it warranted another look? That was an extremely dangerous, and obviously flagrant foul.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
All season long A&M was a team that found a way to win close games. After the Aggies escaped with wins in the first two rounds of the Big Dance, it was just a matter of time before the clock struck midnight.

Beyond A&M’s loss last night it appears that the mighty SEC is anything but. SC is now the lone surviving conference representative left in the Big Dance, and the Gamecocks are certainly vulnerable, if not today vs GT, then certainly in a projected matchup with MD in the Elite 8.
You nailed it.

I totally get that the committee had a much harder time this year due to the lack of OOC games. You didn't get to see lots of games between the power conferences, which would have given the committee a measuring stick of which conferences performed better than others, thus making their intra-conference games a measuring stick for not only how many teams from each conference, but where to seed them.

Not sure the SEC deserved less teams in, but obviously the conference did not deserve the high seedings. You expect lower seeds to lose, but in this NCAAT...

#4 Arkansas lost to #13 Wright State
#3 Georgia lost to #6 Oregon
#3 Tennessee lost to #6 Michigan
#4 Kentucky lost to #5 Iowa
#2 aTm probably should have lost to #15 Troy, should have lost to #7 ISU, and finally lost to #3 Arizona

Alabama losing to higher seed Maryland is expected. SC is the only remaining SEC team left. If it was just one, or even 2 instances, one could argue that the lower seeds were seeded too low, but 5 out of the 7 SEC teams in the tourney under-performed according to their seedings.

Seems like all of them should have been lower. and SC should have been a 2 seed replaced by Baylor or Maryland - of course hindsight is always 20-20.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I could NOT believe they didn't review this! I wonder if Barnes even saw it from her side of the court? If refs went to monitor that would most definitely been upgraded.

Reaction Score
If SC finds itself against Maryland. It's game over. Dawn will have to wait for her new recruits. She does not have enough offense losing Harris and Harrigan was too much for them. Maryland by 20

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Before the Boogie started I thought the overrated conference was the B1G 10. But from the opening games, and if you've seen my chats, I've been saying that it's the SEC that is the overrated conference. Highly overrated. We who live east of the Mississippi have been hearing the constant refrain of how tough the SEC is so much it's become this rent free echo in our heads. It's clearly been a specious refrain and it's time to excise it from our minds and bury it along with other specious adages such as "The customer is always right", and "Slow and steady wins the race". After the first round it became obvious to me that the PAC 12, the B1G 10 and the Big 12 were all better conferences. In fact, another false narrative we've all bought into "The SEC has the best athletes but only meh coaches" is another batch of baloney. All you need to do is believe your own eyes when you're looking at the PAC 12 teams. Yes, I've been saying that the PAC 12 is overall the best conference in WCBB, and it has been for perhaps 3 years now. Now we have the B1G 10, from my vantage, following closely behind the PAC 12 as the second best in WCBB, and with Caitlin Clark moving her team and her conference into the spotlight I say, thank goodness. This is how you grow the sport, by removing the east coast bias and moving eyes across the entire landscape of WCBB.

Reaction Score
Before the Boogie started I thought the overrated conference was the B1G 10. But from the opening games, and if you've seen my chats, I've been saying that it's the SEC that is the overrated conference. Highly overrated. We who live east of the Mississippi have been hearing the constant refrain of how tough the SEC is so much it's become this rent free echo in our heads.
I totally agree with this. I felt the Big10 played either no or poor defense which resulted in Maryland's high scoring. Still believe that real defense is not a top priority but the SEC has done very poorly. I thought Kentucky was terrible after the coaching change and T A&M was very overrated. Yes I know we lost to Arkansas but there was COVID and lack of prep involved not even mentioning the refs. Not mentioning the ACC was a surprise as I thought they were way overrated and could be gone very soon. Some pretty good teams but no elite as far as I was concerned.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't really consider one seed line losses by the higher seed team to be worthy of 'upset' label - 4/5, 2/3, and 1/2 matches generally are pretty evenly matched and with an 's' curve a quarter of them are teams ranked next to each other. Add in that the seeding includes one line adjustments to keep conference teams apart in these rounds and it might actually be the committee thought the 5 was better than the 4, etc.

Also - teams like ARK really messed with perceptions for the committee and for analytics - they beat Uconn and Baylor OOC so one of those important cross conference data points that were scarce was very misleading - downgrading the Big12 and hyping the SEC. Maryland continued that issue by losing to Missouri State - when you get so few OOC data points and half of them are in our current opinion 'wrong' you have a big problem!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Great title to thread, and very appropriate. Ditto on the no "go to the video" on the flagrant lynching by Nixon. Three refs and not one of them felt it warranted another look? That was an extremely dangerous, and obviously flagrant foul.
It should have been looked at and Nixon should have been DQ'd after they reviewed it. It was a flagrant 2 foul which is automatic ejection from the game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I could NOT believe they didn't review this! I wonder if Barnes even saw it from her side of the court? If refs went to monitor that would most definitely been upgraded.
Just looked at that foul on the replay and .... I am speachless! Absolutely no play on the ball and a hard foul to the head and neck of a player, knocking her backward. Even if the refs didn't see the actual foul because they couldn't keep up with a fast break (please), the player getting flattened and the ball continuing forward is enough reason to look at the replay. Refs just clueless. And even if they called flagrant 1 and not 2, the review process gives the player a chance to clear her head.

I think that is also on Barnes - a coach out to be able to make enough of a fuss to have at least one ref think about a review, and if not ... get a T. Make a statement, get the refs out of their complacency!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom