Tampa Final Four accommodations | The Boneyard

Tampa Final Four accommodations

Reaction Score
Hi Bone-yarders-my wife and I have our plane tix but we need help in finding the right place to stay. We are focused on being on the gulf beaches for most of our 6 day stay with the 45-60 minute drives to Amalie Arena on the 2 game days. We are very active, in our 50's and hope to find a place with lots of cycling/walking paths-any ideas? Thanks so much!!

Reaction Score
I've also started looking for hotels etc. in the Tampa and the prices are high.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Tampa/St. Petersburg in April is going to have pricey hotels, largely due to Final Four, and snow birds... and the "beaches" will be better than April Showers up North, but not necessarily "beach weather". Haven't lived there for a while, but Vinoy is very nice, and other very nice places out on the beaches of St Pete and Clearwater... but remember the old adage, "you get what you pay for."

Reaction Score
In 2014 in Nashville it was all about Bars and Basketball, but for my wife, Tampa is going to be all about Beaches and Basketball-so we are going to set up camp (so to speak) closer to the beaches and drive the two days to the hoops action:)

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
if you are planning to stay for a week or more take a look at Lands End condos on Treasure Island. On the Gulf where Blind Pass meets the Gulf. Great sunsets - the beach is called Sunset Beach. Great walking track - the complex is on a narrow peninsula, so water almost all the way around. Excellent restaurants within 5-10 minutes. About 45 minutes from the arena. Resort Rentals 727-363-3336, 800-293-3979. You can do a virtual tour on their website Resort Rentals Vacation Condos on St Pete Beach, Florida

Reaction Score
I have no thoughts on where to stay. In fact , we will be looking for a hotel before too long. But when you are planning on restaurants, take time to drive out to Temple Terrace, just east of Tampa and very near the USF campus. Find the Cazador Grille and eat there. Wonderful Cuban food, and relatively easy on the wallet. Place doesn't look like anything fancy. It's run by a family and has a real family feel. We'v eaten there several times and found the food to be very good and the service excellent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom