Tamekitty ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Tamekitty ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Castle opens with a three, then puts up two bad shots, blocks a shot, turns the ball over and misses a 1 foot layup.
  2. Great sequence -- full bore D took them to the end of the shot clock, then a quick trip down the floor for Diarra to set the table for a streaking Samson. Almost looked like it couldn't possibly work, as Samson was already flying past the backboard when he got the ball.
  3. Other than that play, we seem to be taking awfully long to get someone open for a shot.
  4. What's going on with AK's shot? He looks reluctant to shoot it, and when he does, it's not really close.
  5. At half time, the TNewt-Triple Double watch is 8 points, 8 boards, and 3 assists. The shooting percentage line is 39,33,75 to 30,10,100. We have only 6 dimes, but Nova has only 3, we have 24 boards to Nova's 13, and 7 blocks to Nova's 2. Nova has 3 steals though, and we don't have a single one. We only have two points from our bench, but Nova has none. Clingan's 1st half foul count is at zero. Now for the 2nd half...
  6. Castle lost contact with Bamba and then fouled him trying to recover.
  7. This is not going well. Especially for AK. On consecutive possessions five minutes or so into the 2nd half, he turned it over leading to a breakaway dunk, then badly missed a three. Our twelve point lead down to 5.
  8. A minute later, a Diarra steal and lay in brings the lead back to nine.
  9. And right back to 5 after yet another awful missed 3 by AK.
  10. Spencer to the rescue again. Back to 8.
  11. The refs have completely changed the way they are calling the game in the 2nd half.
  12. Spencer flat out taking over the game in the 2nd half. Man, we got the steal of the Portal this season.
  13. Diarra gave us a hell of a boost in 3 minutes mid second half.
  14. The final shooting percentages... 43,31,91 to 33,12,69. Rebounding edge, 46 to 32. Dimes, 14 to 6.
  15. And, like I said a week or two back, Newton got his 4th triple double as a Husky. Heck, he had 16 of our 46 boards on his way to that milestone tonight!
  16. I thought tonight was one of the better games Castle has played, despite shooting 3 for 9. He had 6 boards, a dime and two blocks, went 6 for 6 from the FT line, and played outstanding D.
  17. Has anyone else noticed that Clingan is 12 for 14 from the line over his last 4 games? If that continues, it's going to change the way teams Defend him come tourney time.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think somewhere in there you need to point out how much of a great on ball defender Castle is. To go with 14 and 6.
Uhm, 16?

Reaction Score
  1. Castle opens with a three, then puts up two bad shots, blocks a shot, turns the ball over and misses a 1 foot layup.
  2. Great sequence -- full bore D took them to the end of the shot clock, then a quick trip down the floor for Diarra to set the table for a streaking Samson. Almost looked like it couldn't possibly work, as Samson was already flying past the backboard when he got the ball.
  3. Other than that play, we seem to be taking awfully long to get someone open for a shot.
  4. What's going on with AK's shot? He looks reluctant to shoot it, and when he does, it's not really close.
  5. At half time, the TNewt-Triple Double watch is 8 points, 8 boards, and 3 assists. The shooting percentage line is 39,33,75 to 30,10,100. We have only 6 dimes, but Nova has only 3, we have 24 boards to Nova's 13, and 7 blocks to Nova's 2. Nova has 3 steals though, and we don't have a single one. We only have two points from our bench, but Nova has none. Clingan's 1st half foul count is at zero. Now for the 2nd half...
  6. Castle lost contact with Bamba and then fouled him trying to recover.
  7. This is not going well. Especially for AK. On consecutive possessions five minutes or so into the 2nd half, he turned it over leading to a breakaway dunk, then badly missed a three. Our twelve point lead down to 5.
  8. A minute later, a Diarra steal and lay in brings the lead back to nine.
  9. And right back to 5 after yet another awful missed 3 by AK.
  10. Spencer to the rescue again. Back to 8.
  11. The refs have completely changed the way they are calling the game in the 2nd half.
  12. Spencer flat out taking over the game in the 2nd half. Man, we got the steal of the Portal this season.
  13. Diarra gave us a hell of a boost in 3 minutes mid second half.
  14. The final shooting percentages... 43,31,91 to 33,12,69. Rebounding edge, 46 to 32. Dimes, 14 to 6.
  15. And, like I said a week or two back, Newton got his 4th triple double as a Husky. Heck, he had 16 of our 46 boards on his way to that milestone tonight!
  16. I thought tonight was one of the better games Castle has played, despite shooting 3 for 9. He had 6 boards, a dime and two blocks, went 6 for 6 from the FT line, and played outstanding D.
  17. Has anyone else noticed that Clingan is 12 for 14 from the line over his last 4 games? If that continues, it's going to change the way teams Defend him come tourney time.
To make what should be an obvious point, we have a 7’2” Center who is making 65 per cent of his shots, whose shooting percentage is higher than that the last few games and who has started relaxing at the line and making free throws. I know things are going really well right now as a team, but would it hurt us to put a little greater effort into getting him more shots a game?

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
To make what should be an obvious point, we have a 7’2” Center who is making 65 per cent of his shots, whose shooting percentage is higher than that the last few games and who has started relaxing at the line and making free throws. I know things are going really well right now as a team, but would it call us to put a little greater effort into getting him more shots a game?
I think if this upsurge in foul shooting accuracy continues, it behooves us to get the ball to him more frequently. But I think he also needs to be more forceful on his shots. He may have the fewest dunks of anyone other than Diarra. I know that's not likely the case, but it sure feels like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom