Taliek Brown May Be Joining The Staff Eventually | The Boneyard

Taliek Brown May Be Joining The Staff Eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone would have to leave. I presume Miller and Hobbs each want another head coaching job but who knows if one will come along.

Also, I like the idea of several alums on the bench but I don't know that everyone needs to be. There is a lot of proven talent out there to consider. I think we need an ace recruiter on staff more than anything else.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
@TheBBallDiary: There is a rumour UConn Head Coach Kevin Ollie could hire Taliek Brown next season. That would be 5 UConn alumni on bench. Currently at 4.

NYC.

U

UCONNfan1

Someone would have to leave. I presume Miller and Hobbs each want another head coaching job but who knows if one will come along.

Also, I like the idea of several alums on the bench but I don't know that everyone needs to be. There is a lot of proven talent out there to consider. I think we need an ace recruiter on staff more than anything else.
I agree. Just my opinion obviously, but we have enough UCONN grads on the bench. It would be nice to land someone who has terrific ties and relationships with coaches on the AAU circuit.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
I agree. Just my opinion obviously, but we have enough UCONN grads on the bench. It would be nice to land someone who has terrific ties and relationships with coaches on the AAU circuit.

Is Taliek out of touch with the NYC AAU circuit?

Reaction Score
same guy who tweeted T Samuel didn't graduate HS on time(Lie #1) and that JC was getting a statue outside Gampel(Lie #2), dude is Incarcerated Bob status, do not take him seriously.

Reaction Score
same guy who tweeted T Samuel didn't graduate HS on time(Lie #1) and that JC was getting a statue outside Gampel(Lie #2), dude is Incarcerated Bob status, do not take him seriously.
Thank you. I thought that twitter handle looked familiar.

Reaction Score
He seems like a great hire if he can recruit greater NYC

Reaction Score
Wasn't there some talk about an NBA assistant as a recruiter that KO was going to bring on staff once he got the job permanently?

U

UCONNfan1

Is Taliek out of touch with the NYC AAU circuit?
I should have said more of a national presence. That's the nature of a national recruiter and Taliek doesn't really seem to fit that bill. Honestly I have no idea. I figure if Ollie wants him then it's good enough for me. I've never achieved half of what Ollie has. Isn't Freeman from NY or Mass? Not sure how many guys with deep New England ties we really need. BUT, like I said, Ollie is way smarter than I am so...

Reaction Score
There's something to be said with having four coaches rolling into a recruits home at some point with a big, fat championship ring on. Thats a hell of a recruiting pitch right there.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
There's something to be said with having four coaches rolling into a recruits home at some point with a big, fat championship ring on. Thats a hell of a recruiting pitch right there.

Especially when KO, Ricky and Taliek could display three different big, fat championships rings....

Reaction Score
Probably a really dumb point, but does it concern anyone that we'd have a staff full of guys who were all grinders who had little offensive talent? KFree was an undersized PF who did all of his scoring due to effort and the three point guards were all the 4th or 5th option when on the court.

Reaction Score
Probably a really dumb point, but does it concern anyone that we'd have a staff full of guys who were all grinders who had little offensive talent? KFree was an undersized PF who did all of his scoring due to effort and the three point guards were all the 4th or 5th option when on the court.

No

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse but if an opening does arise and the plan is to have a UConn guy fill it, I want Donyell.

Reaction Score

What elite coaches were also HOF/elite/very good players? Most of the time great coaches were just what you described, grinders or role players. What great players made up JC's staff during the years? A really odd point to bring up...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I hope the next staff addition can bring in someone who will be an impact recruiter. I would think that Taliek would bring more ability to bring in the NYC kids, but it would be nice to get someone with broad connections.

Reaction Score
Probably a real point, but does it concern anyone that we'd have a staff full of guys who were all grinders who had little offensive talent? KFree was an undersized PF who did all of his scoring due to effort and the three point guards were all the 4th or 5th option when on the court.

I think guys who have to grind it out make better coaches because they need to really understand the game and bust their butts to excell. Phil Jackson was a good role player and has many, many NBA rings. Guys like MJ, Kobe etc. never seem to make good coaches. I'll take Ricky Moore as an assistant over Carmelo Anthony any day.

Reaction Score
If UConn needs a bigger NYC presence, it should do everything it can to hire that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom