Taking Over The Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Taking Over The Game

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I've got the little engine that could, with the initials AE. Also waiting for Aubrey to get in the flow. Lauren officially shut down.
Again, Cox has graduated.

Reaction Score
Paige is already very good. But she will get better every game predicted Geno. So I think Paige will do fine against Didi. What is a more concern is how UConn is going to matchup with Lauren Cox.
Cox is a pro, graduated....

Reaction Score
ALBERT EINSTEIN VS RELATIVITY = GENO AURIEMMA VS WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I am extremely excited about what I see on the court so far specially from the freshmen. I have have visions appearing in my mind of 30 point blow outs of whoever is the second ranked team in the country. I see 40 point national championships in glowing technicolor. Paige and Aaliyah are making snow angels in the confetti. Evina going as No. 1 in the WNBA to continue the streak of ROY (and Stewie gets the POY she deserved). I see reinforcements of superb high school seniors riding waves into undefeated seasons. High school juniors signing letters of intent to a chorus of 'But its UConn!' A national poll states that 83.4% of 8th grade girls and boys say their goal is "to be just like Paige." Then, I have this little tiny voice way in the back of my head that says, "it's only 2 games." to which I reply, "Yeah, I know." And the voice says, "against weak competition." And the visions come to a screeching halt like I hit the wall at Daytona.

Reaction Score
Since we are talking about Page and Didi. I'm also looking forward to see what Egbo and Smith do with Aaliyah. And for that matter, I want to see what Boston of SC does with Aaliyah.

Reaction Score
Since we are talking about Page and Didi. I'm also looking forward to see what Egbo and Smith do with Aaliyah. And for that matter, I want to see what Boston of SC does with Aaliyah.
I want to see Geno go retro-1986 with a 1,2,3,4,5. (I'm feeling nostalgic for the Celtics today) Not the Golden State Warriors with a 4 and 4 2's.
5-Liv 4-Aaliyah 3- Anna 2- Christyn 1-Paige, with a strong bench waiting their turn to contribute. Come on Aubrey, push Anna for her spot. Evina sub at multiple positions

Reaction Score

it's quite possible that PB would be getting Dee Dee in foul trouble by the second half..........we've only seen about half of her offensive repertoire so far..............when she drives to the basket with the intention to score the only way to stop her is to foul her...........

Reaction Score
I am extremely excited about what I see on the court so far specially from the freshmen. I have have visions appearing in my mind of 30 point blow outs of whoever is the second ranked team in the country. I see 40 point national championships in glowing technicolor. Paige and Aaliyah are making snow angels in the confetti. Evina going as No. 1 in the WNBA to continue the streak of ROY (and Stewie gets the POY she deserved). I see reinforcements of superb high school seniors riding waves into undefeated seasons. High school juniors signing letters of intent to a chorus of 'But its UConn!' A national poll states that 83.4% of 8th grade girls and boys say their goal is "to be just like Paige." Then, I have this little tiny voice way in the back of my head that says, "it's only 2 games." to which I reply, "Yeah, I know." And the voice says, "against weak competition." And the visions come to a screeching halt like I hit the wall at Daytona.
That "little tiny voice" doesn't know crap!! Keep the vision!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hate to say it but as Paige continues to make defenders look silly, teams are going to start really trying to beat her up. It started yesterday and she handled it well but Aaliyah as enforcer becomes even more important

Reaction Score
Reminds me of those fans that put their hands over their eyes during crucial moments. WTF Why are you even at the game, if you're not looking.
Tell that little voice to F-off. Let's all enjoy the hell out of this. "She's really really good."

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Reminds me of those fans that put their hands over their eyes during crucial moments. Why are you even at the game, if you're not looking.
Tell that little voice to F-off. Let's all enjoy the hell out of this. "She's really really good."
Reminds me of those fans that put their hands over their eyes during crucial moments. Why are you even at the game, if you're not looking.
So who said she’s not really really good?

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
That "little tiny voice" doesn't know crap!! Keep the vision!!
So are you saying they played more than 2 games or are you saying the opposition was really good. Help me out here and tell me what’s wrong with the comments.

Reaction Score

Or Darlington? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So are you saying they played more than 2 games or are you saying the opposition was really good. Help me out here and tell me what’s wrong with the comments.
Neither, agreeing with everything you said. Simple little comment..stick with your vision, screw the little voice!

Reaction Score
Wonderful song by Sara Bareilles. "Little Voice". Really nice half hour show on Apple + Streaming, of the same name. The music on the show and the visuals of NYC are fantastic!

Reaction Score
I believe that Lou led the nation in 3-point accuracy, about .475, as a junior. Kaleena may have as well, or perhaps 3-pointers made. But no one has led in scoring, rebounding, or even assists, to my knowledge.

Just a quibble here but Butler, who was a UConn player, led the nation in rebounding after she left UConn so technically a UConn player has led.

KML led the nation in both No of 3 pt makes and also in 3pt%. A noteworthy feat since most high % shooters are very selective.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but as Paige continues to make defenders look silly, teams are going to start really trying to beat her up. It started yesterday and she handled it well but Aaliyah as enforcer becomes even more important

Bueckers is amazingly tough but you are right about her taking a beating. I expect that will backfire on teams that try it. She's another Antaeus.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just a quibble here but Butler, who was a UConn player, led the nation in rebounding after she left UConn so technically a UConn player has led.

KML led the nation in both No of 3 pt makes and also in 3pt%. A noteworthy feat since most high % shooters are very selective.
I would say that a GMU player and former UConn player led the nation in rebounding. ;)

I agree totally about Kaleena. She was a rare combination of high efficiency and high volume. Her college career gets overlooked in comparison with Stewie, but she was one box-out from being the first player with 4 championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom