Taking on the NFL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Taking on the NFL

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I should also add that other than the demographic segments which overlap, the men’s team fan base is much more likely to be impacted by conflicts with the NFL than the women’s fan base. In many cases, (NFL & UConn MBB) are targeting the same fans.

Yeah but Hallmark is already running non-stop Christmas movies which severely overlaps with WBB demographic.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Didn't we just do this? Is it going to be an every game thing now (as if it's not already)?

Patriots, Giants, and Jets played at 1:00 and did not conflict. There were 1,000s of people in the concourse and still entering the arena at 20 minutes, pre-tip. It was a pretty decent crowd for the quality of opponent. It allowed me to get two tickets yesterday morning and take my oldest. We sat in Row H opposite DSU's bench and had a great time, but to reiterate from last week's threat:

"[Opponent] notwithstanding...

1. In-home experience has improved dramatically.
2. In-arena experience has stayed the same or has regressed.
2a. Everything about the In-arena experience costs more..."

Reaction Score
Complaining about attendance seems like a moot point when we're scheduling bottom-tier opponents when students are home for break. I thought the upper tiers filled in pretty admirably given the circumstances. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd expect XL to be more than ~60% full playing Delaware St in the 5th consecutive cupcake game. The biggest issue again was in the student section, where the band made up what looked like half the attendance.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Complaining about attendance seems like a moot point when we're scheduling bottom-tier opponents when students are home for break. I thought the upper tiers filled in pretty admirably given the circumstances. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd expect XL to be more than ~60% full playing Delaware St in the 5th consecutive cupcake game. The biggest issue again was in the student section, where the band made up what looked like half the attendance.
I had a few beers Fri night and ranted about the garbage-quality of our OOC, season ticket price increase, and terrible game times on a Twitter Space with Dave Benedict in attendance. After remaining silent he left like 4 minutes later.

Reaction Score
61% of capacity leaves room for improvement. When you get that result, you can do something better. As for your posts, I will continue to let you argue with yourself, good luck with that.
Your back-pedaling is noted and appreciated.

Reaction Score
The women played earlier that day and sold out, I think it was at the Excel center. So not only were the men playing a very weak team, competing with the NFL, but many UConn fans attended the women's game.
The women’s game wasn’t close to a sellout. Perhaps 1,000 more at the women’s game than at the men’s game.

Reaction Score
Didn't we just do this? Is it going to be an every game thing now (as if it's not already)?

Patriots, Giants, and Jets played at 1:00 and did not conflict. There were 1,000s of people in the concourse and still entering the arena at 20 minutes, pre-tip. It was a pretty decent crowd for the quality of opponent. It allowed me to get two tickets yesterday morning and take my oldest. We sat in Row H opposite DSU's bench and had a great time, but to reiterate from last week's threat:

"[Opponent] notwithstanding...

1. In-home experience has improved dramatically.
2. In-arena experience has stayed the same or has regressed.
2a. Everything about the In-arena experience costs more..."
I don’t agree that 1pm NFL games don’t conflict with 5pm XL games. The football game is over 4pm to 4:15pm, then you need to travel, park, walk to XL, get processed and get to a seat before 5pm. A big ask, so people don’t get tickets or have them and stay home. Again, 61% of capacity yesterday. That’s a bad result.
I was always taugh to look at business through a customer centric lens. Follow the steps of the customers. How can we make every material aspect of their experience better. When you take that approach you come to a very different conclusion than @Rocktheworld. People have other options and UConn should always be making every aspect of the game experience better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom