Taking on the NFL | The Boneyard

Taking on the NFL

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you schedule going up against the NFL. Suicidal. 20 minutes before game time. As I tell my sister who tries this with family events - not a good idea.

0B8064B3-329E-4D43-84C2-25A87E8838E5.jpeg

Reaction Score
Thought you were in on meetings that pertain to this

Don’t they listen to you?

To what “suicide” are you referring?

Reaction Score
Thought you were in on meetings that pertain to this

Don’t they listen to you?

To what “suicide” are you referring?
The goal is to get people to attend the game. Anything you do to work against that is suicidal (sobatages) achieving that goal. Do you understand now?

Reaction Score
I believe UConn was in the process and perhaps have renegotiated the Hartford XL deal. The Wolfpack have been viewed by CRDA as the primary tenant and they and random events up to this point seem to take priority with XL. I hope that is changing to some degree since UConn plays 16 BB games there and some hockey games.

Reaction Score
It has more to do with a bottom feeder visiting team at Sunday 5:30pm than to NFL.
True, Villanova wound sellout at this time, but that is not who we are playing.

Reaction Score
The goal is to get people to attend the game. Anything you do to work against that is suicidal (sobatages) achieving that goal. Do you understand now?
Suicide implies the intentional immediate ending of one’s life. To conflate sabotage and suicide is pretty childish. What suicidal ideation took place?

Do you understand what conflation is?

We’ve had threads about poor attendance for games with terrible opponents while kids are on break. There’s one going on right now. Are you incapable of posting there? Do you need your hand held over to that thread?

Care to explain the title for this thread you started?

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It has more to do with a bottom feeder visiting team at Sunday 5:30pm than to NFL.
Then stop scheduling bottom feeders. If you are going to schedule lesser teams at least schedule Ivy League teams, Holy Cross, or a MAAC team.

Reaction Score
Suicide implies the intentional immediate ending of one’s life. To conflate sabotage and suicide is pretty childish. What suicidal ideation took place?

We’ve had threads about poor attendance for games with terrible opponents while kids are on break. There’s one going on right now. Are you incapable of posting there? Do you need your hand held over to that thread?

You seem lost. Perhaps, get professional help. These are often used figures of speech. It’s amazing you are unable to process the basics.
As far as the NFL, it is my far America’s most popular sport, perhaps not take it head on just as Game #1 ends and Game #2 begins.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I judge an XL crowd by how far up the 2nd level the virtually full rows go. In the AAC years, the cupcake games barely had anyone in the 200's. Today it looked like this midway through the first half:
Crowd 1.jpg

The biggest games in the AAC never drew crowd that went up higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I judge an XL crowd by how far up the 2nd level the virtually full rows go. In the AAC years, the cupcake games barely had anyone in the 200's. Today it looked like this midway through the first half:

The biggest games in the AAC never drew crowd that went up higher.

The arena was at 61% of capacity. Hardlly supporting your thesis.

2A6E9186-7286-44CE-9569-129AE75A0786.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You seem lost. Perhaps, get professional help. These are often used figures of speech. It’s amazing you are unable to process the basics.
As far as the NFL, it is my far America’s most popular sport, perhaps not take it head on just as Game #1 ends and Game #2 begins.
Oh tweetums you don’t have to get sand in your clam over simple questions. Your weak attempts at insults in response are pathetic. I see the distress in the tone of your posts that my questions have caused. You don’t have real answers and you don’t know what really to say. My advice to you: think before you post. You’re not a man built for conflict, clearly. Check yourself preemptively; lest you continue to embarrass yourself.

Would you like for me to link you to any of the multiple other threads decrying attendance for November cupcake games over a holiday? Or have you just designated this space to whine and seek attention from strangers on the internet?

Reaction Score
Tell us @Chief00 when should sub-300 Delaware state have been scheduled so that UConn doesn’t commit suicide? 11:11 on a Thursday?

Reaction Score
Oh tweetums you don’t have to get sand in your clam over simple questions. Your weak attempts at insults in response are pathetic. I see the distress in the tone of your posts that my questions have caused. You don’t have real answers and you don’t know what really to say. My advice to you: think before you post. You’re not a man built for conflict, clearly. Check yourself preemptively; lest you continue to embarrass yourself.

Would you like for me to link you to any of the multiple other threads decrying attendance for November cupcake games over a holiday? Or have you just designated this space to whine and seek attention from strangers on the internet?
61% of capacity leaves room for improvement. When you get that result, you can do something better. As for your posts, I will continue to let you argue with yourself, good luck with that.

Reaction Score

You are a moron!

Reaction Score
Wow 9500 people showed up to watch us belt a terrible team on a pre-holiday Sunday afternoon and didn’t stay home to have dinner and/or watch the NFL?
This will likely be our lowest turnout of the season. That ain't shabby compared to what it had been.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
The women played earlier that day and sold out, I think it was at the Excel center. So not only were the men playing a very weak team, competing with the NFL, but many UConn fans attended the women's game.

Reaction Score
I was actually surprised how many people were there. It was a good crowd for Delaware State!
The Patriots and Giants had 1pm games with the Patriots game being won late. With a 5pm start that leaves people very little time to get there. Some fans don’t go and others arrive late. You have to know your lane in business and pathway to success. While our on court performance was good, we could have done better from a business and atmosphere perspective.

Reaction Score
The women played earlier that day and sold out, I think it was at the Excel center. So not only were the men playing a very weak team, competing with the NFL, but many UConn fans attended the women's game.
Good point about the UConn women playing earlier too, another factor for the part of the fan base that overlaps. In business the goal is to attract/align with and stack up factors in your favor, not to your disadvantage.

Reaction Score
I should also add that other than the demographic segments which overlap, the men’s team fan base is much more likely to be impacted by conflicts with the NFL than the women’s fan base. In many cases, (NFL & UConn MBB) are targeting the same fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom