Take Two: Should Big Ten concern itself with conference expansion? | The Boneyard

Take Two: Should Big Ten concern itself with conference expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm really just curious when I ask this question. Certainly the rules of any site should be followed and if people can't do that, then they should go. But you can go on 100's of message boards and see articles like these linked and even other content that would be frowned upon here (avatars, etc). What can actually happen to a site when they post this stuff, etc? Can they be fined somehow, shut down? I'm genuinely curious about the enforcement mechanism that is in place for this sort of thing.

Reaction Score
A link...is just that...a path to an article.

Unless it is a subscription based article (behind a pay wall) you can link until your keys fall off the keyboard.

And not a problem...the article copyright holders want clicks....they want you to see those adverts...

Cutting and pasting, especially without attribution, is a cow of a different color..and can be a problem

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You can copy and post brief excepts, but Billy is spot on. The publisher of the article wants to drive traffic to there site. The actual rules are bit more complicated as to what is a 'fair use' of copyrighted material, but that's a good rule of thumb. @traitor71

Reaction Score
You can copy and post brief excepts, but Billy is spot on. The publisher of the article wants to drive traffic to there site. The actual rules are bit more complicated as to what is a 'fair use' of copyrighted material, but that's a good rule of thumb. @traitor71

What was missed is that the OP had the whole article before it was "mod edited" to what it shows now.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Another cryptic post from Fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads