Take the win on the road | The Boneyard

Take the win on the road

Reaction Score
Agreed. Sometimes I think people on this board don't understand competitive basketball. The other team is trying to win too. It is REALLY hard to win games at this level. Big East win on the road. Take it any day. Some people are never satisfied. We were losing to Tulsa a few years ago.
Exactly. No team clicks on all cylinders every game. Best to have a clunker against DePaul and still get the W. We can and hopefully will play better against upcoming better opponents.

Reaction Score
Thankfully depaul sucks. We will get blown out by nova with that effort. And Martin still airballs over 50% of his layups
Jackson was following suit this game. I guess he is going to the same school to learn the art of going up soft and losing the ball that Martin has learned. Those guys are too athletic to be going so weak to the basket.

Reaction Score
Thankfully depaul sucks. We will get blown out by nova with that effort. And Martin still airballs over 50% of his layups
I thought we looked tired, but I I was actually quite impressed with DePaul, defensively. That was one of the tightest on-ball man defenses I've seen. They seemed well-coached, and a much better team than their record would indicate. Add Freeman-Liberty into that lineup, and I think they could pull some upsets going forward.

Reaction Score
Jackson was following suit this game. I guess he is going to the same school to learn the art of going up soft and losing the ball that Martin has learned. Those guys are too athletic to be going so weak to the basket.
They should just try to dunk everything. But Martin forgets to jump half the time

Reaction Score

Nova won’t let RJ do that for one thing and we lose by 30 against them with that effort. We lose this one with Freeman Liberty as no one besides RJ was any good. AJs 13 boards aside he wasn’t very good but scary enough our second best.

First score of the game Whaley backed down his guy and scored fairly easily. Did we try that again since they were doubling down on Sanogo? Nope we forced it into him and watched a bunch of fadeaway jump hooks not go in. Need to run better offense as well as take care of the ball so much better. Never mind against Nova they need to be a ton better versus Creighton as well.

Reaction Score
Nova won’t let RJ do that for one thing and we lose by 30 against them with that effort. We lose this one with Freeman Liberty as no one besides RJ was any good. AJs 13 boards aside he wasn’t very good but scary enough our second best.

First score of the game Whaley backed down his guy and scored fairly easily. Did we try that again since they were doubling down on Sanogo? Nope we forced it into him and watched a bunch of fadeaway jump hooks not go in. Need to run better offense as well as take care of the ball so much better. Never mind against Nova they need to be a ton better versus Creighton as well.
I notice when Sanogo is fed down low, the other players stay on the outside watching. Some of his shots were taken and Depaul had 3 players at the glass ready to grab the board. AJ will try and crash looking for a miss, but the others are spectators. Also I never understand why Whaley is way out on the perimeter where he poses no threat.

I'd like to see cutters when Sanogo is fed, to reduce the double team but also to be nearer to the basket for clean-ups.

Just saying we need to step up our inside game, including constantly attacking the basket. With our bigs we could easily create foul problems for opponents.

Reaction Score
Take the win. Didn't play our best but we've shown we can play better. Stay healthy, keep winning. A 5-6 seed or better would be great but it gets done one win at a time.

Reaction Score
When Cole and Sanogo left together at the 12:28 mark for awhile in the second half, the rest of the guys weathered the situation and didn’t fold. Progress.
True but that wasn't my point. I wanted, just me a bigger victory with much better stats over a team missing their best player. I still can't really put my finger on how good we are.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree. Any team that plays good defense will give us problems. How many turnovers will have against Nova, probably alot

Reaction Score
I notice when Sanogo is fed down low, the other players stay on the outside watching. Some of his shots were taken and Depaul had 3 players at the glass ready to grab the board. AJ will try and crash looking for a miss, but the others are spectators. Also I never understand why Whaley is way out on the perimeter where he poses no threat.

I'd like to see cutters when Sanogo is fed, to reduce the double team but also to be nearer to the basket for clean-ups.

Just saying we need to step up our inside game, including constantly attacking the basket. With our bigs we could easily create foul problems for opponents.
Yep, that is on the coaching. They are hard to watch sometimes, but we shall see what we do coming up because tough games coming up.

Reaction Score
It was a rock fight, but I"d rather have an ugly win over a 'pretty' loss if there is such a thing.

Actually, I was somewhat happy because this is the type of game a champion has to survive in the tournament.

Jackson was awful, especially in the first half. This game really exposed his lack of short to mid-range jump shot. He can buy his man, but on teams are going to start waiting for him at the rim.

Again, much love for RJ. He is quickly rising up my favorites list. I like guys like him and Vital, who are shorter on physical gifts than other players, but are just flat out winners because they are gutsy and want it more.

Reaction Score

The answer to your whole first paragraph is that's all intentional. If you have guys in the paint next to Sanogo it makes it infinitely easier to double him without any risk. I wouldn't mind seeing more cuts but keeping guys spotting up from 3 is a very good strategy as well to a Sanogo double team

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
15 - 4. We’re pretty good.
With three of the four losses coming when we were short personnel and the fourth loss in in OT in our first game back after a big Covid pause.

Reaction Score
In individual sports like golf your score for a round is usually not determined by how good your good shots were but rather is determined by how bad your bad shots were.
Same can usually be said about a team sport such as basketball. In spite of a painfully poor performance by virtually everyone except one player, we won a road game in our tough conference. Hopefully we will see much better performances in the next few games against much better teams resulting in more wins than losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom