Take The Freaking Points. | The Boneyard

Take The Freaking Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh my god. Can someone please do the math and figure out how many points Diaco has decided to avoid? This is reaching George W. levels of "Strategery".

Reaction Score
Shut up. You're only complaining because we didn't get the first down. I didn't mind the call at all.
Fine, I'll shut up, but you know I'm right. He leaves way too many points on the field.

Reaction Score
Sherriffs should not be allowed to run a sneak until he learns how to do it. Two big mistakes so far: no points in red zone and block in the back.

Reaction Score
Oh my god. Can someone please do the math and figure out how many points Diaco has decided to avoid? This is reaching George W. levels of "Strategery".

100% agree, Stop leaving points on the board. Going to cost us a game or two eventually. Shirreffs is not good at QB power sneaks. Anybody get that yet?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
WHat was that last call before the half...?!??! We are giving this game away right now. I'm speechless....

Reaction Score
Utterly terrible clock management yet again from the coaching staff, and then Diaco is screaming in sheriffs face for the dump off to newsome. Gotta be honest, I'm not real impressed with Diaco's improvement as a game day coach. The team is much improved, but I think this year isn't much better in terms of game day coaching blunders and clock woes.

Reaction Score

That one didn't bother me too much, but the play with 8 seconds left in the half was pathetic. No points when they could have gotten at least 3 was awful.

Reaction Score

That one didn't bother me too much, but the play with 8 seconds left in the half was pathetic. No points when they could have gotten at least 3 was awful.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Did Verducci call a play where Shirreffs holds the ball for five seconds and dumps off to Arkeel who has no choice but to try and get in?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Shut up. You're only complaining because we didn't get the first down. I didn't mind the call at all.

Earlier in the season I would agree with the go for attitude. Six games under the belt this year, a bowl game riding in the balance of every game, now you need to take the points. This team easily left 6 points on the board (1st drive of the game and last drive of the 1st half). Coaching staff has seen enough film to know this team isn't scoring 5 TD's a game on offense. Take points every time from here on out.

I liked the call when Puyol's missed the FG. He hit it in to the wind with plenty of leg and hit the cross bar from 45+. Nothing wrong with that; it happens. Coaches have to know what his leg strength is going forward.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did Verducci call a play where Shirreffs holds the ball for five seconds and dumps off to Arkeel who has no choice but to try and get in?

No, but UConn had the 1st down with 1:00 left on the clock. Thanks to the staff's indecision, the next snap was with 37 seconds left. That was much more egregious an error than Shireffs. Plus, Newsome could have taken a dive as soon as he caught it and they still could have called the final TO and gotten the FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom