Take Notice From One Hardcore Fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Take Notice From One Hardcore Fan

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Do you give $5M a year to the school, if not I can assure you they do not care.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Stop saying all they have to do is get back to winning. It was only mercy, sportsmanship and turtleball that kept them from losing multiple games by 80 points.

Are you saying you don't think the worst recruiting classes in the country can rip off 7+ wins a season?

SMH

This'd never be a problem if we just recruited Quebec more.

Reaction Score
Last years team was not the bench mark for evaluating whether we can get back to winning in football. The next two years are.

Spoiler Alert: They won't get back to winning to football.

Reaction Score
Spoiler Alert: They won't get back to winning to football.

Sadly this is the most likely outcome.

The program is like Caesar and RE played the role of Casca.

Reaction Score
We seem to be in a constant state of always having the wrong administration and the next one will turn things around if only they listened to the Boneyard gurus.

Reaction Score
Since this is the thread of rehashing and restating the same ol' same ol' a million times and posting other completely immaterial stuff, let me get on the record that I LOVE hockey, HATE basketball, LOVE UConn FB but only when it is modestly competitive, and LOVE English Premier League soccer but only if the match is called by Arlo White, Leigh Dixon, and Graehm LeSaux. There, I have said it. And if you want to know what the worldwide gold standard for sports broadcasting is, watch those last three on NBC on a Saturday. Cheers. Hope everyone still has power. Carry on.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Let's see what we get from the new TV deal. That may help a bit with the money woes.

Reaction Score
Last years team was not the bench mark for evaluating whether we can get back to winning in football. The next two years are.
But that's a problem with the roster, next year is a new qb that your not getting 3k yard from and the following is a restructured Oline.

Reaction Score
But that's a problem with the roster, next year is a new qb that your not getting 3k yard from and the following is a restructured Oline.

The 2020 O-line should still be very good, we lose Peart but I expect he will be replaced by Cam DeGeorge moving from guard to tackle. My 2020 O-line projection:

Van Demark and DeGeorge at tackle
Leone and Haynes at guard
Either Rooney or Hubbard at center

2021 will be the year we see a drop off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The offense lost it’s 5 of its 6 best players or so plus the center. I’m sure it will be fine.

What’s a tight end?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What’s a tight end?

Supposedly its a featured receiver in the John Dunn offense, yet Dunn has failed to nail down a single true two way TE recruit in two seasons. You’d think it wouldn’t be this hard to get a legit TE recruit. Medlock is going to be a fun HB/TE toy, but at 6’2’’ ish, he’s not going to be a blocker. Clock is ticking on 2/6.

At a minimum we should move Garson to TE. And this new kid Jeff Woods at 6’7’’ enrolling now should also experiment at TE rather than DE. Woods was a productive TE his junior year in HS.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
My god if I was in a coma and awoke today and saw this thread I would most certainly know it’s January in the asylum!

You wouldn't start asking about recruiting like a real fan?

Reaction Score
Supposedly its a featured receiver in the John Dunn offense, yet Dunn has failed to nail down a single true two way TE recruit in two seasons. You’d think it wouldn’t be this hard to get a legit TE recruit. Medlock is going to be a fun HB/TE toy, but at 6’2’’ ish, he’s not going to be a blocker. Clock is ticking on 2/6.

At a minimum we should move Garson to TE. And this new kid Jeff Woods at 6’7’’ enrolling now should also experiment at TE rather than DE. Woods was a productive TE his junior year in HS.
I'm betting on Rose having a breakthrough season. Because of the depth at that position this year (Davis, McLean), they were able to take it slow with him. He will be ready this year to take on a larger role. He is a big time athlete whom we beat out several P5 teams for.

Reaction Score
Randy, Dunn and Bama guy have 2 years to turn things around and that means a winning season. If everyone with a say isn't 100% in on making that happen then no suggestion about what comes down afterwards would be too crazy. The league needs a better contract. We need to win. If we don't win any succession plan goes out the window. That said I think this staff deserves a chance over the next 2 years and hopefully can stay together. All of the position players would benefit from some stability.
And everyone on defense should walk on to the Track Team in the Spring. 200m every one of them. Lift weights, run fast.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The bozos in the basketball forum do not constitute "an avalanche of pundits". Lay off the sauce, boss.

And to be clear, it’s a small minority of guys on the basketball board. Most of them, like me, are over here too. We recognize that football in FBS is critical for the basketball team.

Reaction Score
It’s essentially the exact same for 7 years.

Look at who they beat.

Pretending anything is going to change until they start winning in recruiting is ridiculous at this point.

I can’t even imagine how anyone can pretend otherwise.[/QUOTE]
Why would someone constantly be here to just continually bash the program? Head bang
Nothing better to do? Everyone that cares knows the first time around Randy took bottom projected recruiting classes to heights that built a respectable program. Many of us trust he can do it again and are willing to wait a couple more years to see the results.
As to imagining how anyone can pretend otherwise, many have often wondered the same about Whalers fans that still believe they exist or are anything relevant to the sports world.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I don’t think the Whalers matter nor do I believe they are coming back. My handle is that old. As someone who actually lived the Whalers I find the pretenders tedious. Good job good effort I guess.

I merely shine light on the program. Like I told a different poster yesterday - ignore is right there a click away.

Pretending time will magically fix the team is stupid. We’ve listened to this nonsense for a decade. Uptick, Diaco, Edsall likes this class... did you watch the last two seasons?

Enough. Pay someone who can recruit a roster or quit. It’s embarassing.

Gotta tell you though - if my posts are upsetting you... you are better off with a curated experience that doesn’t hurt your feelings because I’m on quite a run of being right.

Reaction Score
And to be clear, it’s a small minority of guys on the basketball board. Most of them, like me, are over here too. We recognize that football in FBS is critical for the basketball team.

Yeah, the football team's awfulness has hurt the basketball program for a P5 conference bid. It's time to either go independent, find a way to get to the MAC or drop down to FCS. Move basketball to the Big East and save the brand. Chasing a dream that will never come has hurt the basketball team. UConn basketball first, second, always. Football never.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, the football team's awfulness has hurt the basketball program for a P5 conference bid. It's time to either go independent, find a way to get to the MAC or drop down to FCS. Move basketball to the Big East and save the brand. Chasing a dream that will never come has hurt the basketball team. UConn basketball first, second, always. Football never.

This is the opposite of reality. The only hope for basketball is for the football team to get better, ride this out and get a P5 bid or have the AAC make substantially more money. The Big East is a death sentence for UConn.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1548075278371.gif

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It’s essentially the exact same for 7 years.

Look at who they beat.

Pretending anything is going to change until they start winning in recruiting is ridiculous at this point.

I can’t even imagine how anyone can pretend otherwise.
If anyone is counting on the revenue when fans to come back to the Rent after year 5 of RE2.0 when UConn averages 6.5 wins a year (one of which is probably ECU and another is URI or in a good year, UMass)... I have a section of Wall in Texas I'd like to sell you.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We see it through until the next media rights deals/any realignment. Then we assess the long-term landscape and make multiple decisions about the direction of the AD department -- sports to keep, sports to can, sports to invest in/cut back on, other schools to associate with, all of it. Currently that looks like it be within the next five years.
The only thing the next AAC media deal will decide is how slowly we bleed out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom