Take a look at the 2011 team | The Boneyard

Take a look at the 2011 team

Reaction Score
Do we have anyone on this team that can create their own shot? Im hoping thats Samson Johnson when he comes back
He’s not gonna be that player. But he is athletic, can shoot a little, and showed in the first game and the blue/white game that he has a nose for follow up buckets. Hopefully he gets back soon, wish there was a bit more clarity with that.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
One thing is that we didn't know Kemba would become Kemba 1st week of Jan 2011. He was great in Maui but still ... so maybe if someone can step up ....we can hope. But more likely it would have to be a sum of the parts and not an individual here

Reaction Score
One thing is that we didn't know Kemba would become Kemba 1st week of Jan 2011. He was great in Maui but still ... so maybe if someone can step up ....we can hope. But more likely it would have to be a sum of the parts and not an individual here
Kemba was Kemba the entire season. He had a slight slump, as did the whole team. But he won NPOTY for a reason.

Reaction Score
Oh shoot, I forgot he did. We know who the actual best player was. Just like Ben Friggin Hansborough winning BE POTY. Joke.
I have no way to prove this per se, but I am glad Fredette and Ben Hanborough got their player of the year awards. I think it turned Kemba into a demon which is why he went on the 11-game postseason success.

Reaction Score
I thought what casey jacobson said was interesting that no one on the roster has had a deep ncaa run & could be problematic. kemba made a final 4 in 09 & bazz won a title before their championship runs. outside of jackson, I don’t see the fire to get that chip.

Reaction Score
kemba was kemba that whole season but I do see the parallels in the seasons.

Preseason unranked. Dominant in OOC. Tough time in conference…

Hopefully the parallels continue
Been saying this since Xavier. We got rather highly ranked as well in 11 before league play

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Then where was Kemba in the last 5 games (including UL)

Kemba’s run to the naty promoted him as an all time legend, which he is.
All-time, instant legend. Never seen anything like it.

Reaction Score
We won the Big East Tourney in 2011 as well. Lost our last home game at Gampel to Notre dame in a close loss. That team had toughness and some had experience. They also got to the foul ne and made them.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Kemba was dropping 40 out the gate. Carrying us to the Maui championship. We pretty much knew who he was by the time Big East play rolled around. Lol

I’m hoping Andre Jackson can eventually realize that if he wants to be a true leader for this team, he needs to do it in the points column. He’s the only player talented enough to get any shot he wants and beat guys off the dribble.

Reaction Score
kemba was kemba that whole season but I do see the parallels in the seasons.

Preseason unranked. Dominant in OOC. Tough time in conference…

Hopefully the parallels continue
Actually, Kemba used to drive into the trees, get stripped and lose possession at times. We screamed at him. He was good at times and sometimes even better but no doubt but he became Kemba during that run. He could get his own shot. I don’t think Hawkins has the strength to do that for us, wish he did. I actually think we could have Hawkins another year, he needs it.

Reaction Score
One thing is that we didn't know Kemba would become Kemba 1st week of Jan 2011. He was great in Maui but still ... so maybe if someone can step up ....we can hope. But more likely it would have to be a sum of the parts and not an individual herem
There is only one Kemba
But a team has to grow during a season If they want post season success. There are a number of ways that can happen. Whether it does or not depends on th3 coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom