Tailgating w/ Coach Cap - Rice Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tailgating w/ Coach Cap - Rice Edition

Reaction Score
Let's hope for a win so that you can bring in 11 more converts to the cult that is Connecticut football. As much as I am an advocate for an on-campus stadium, football at the Rent is a blast with great tailgating and great sight lines.

Connecticut football is fun again.
This is a tailgate fgr young and incoming lawyers at my firm, all of whom went to UConn either undergrad or for law school and expressed interest in coming (hopefully not just because a senior partner invited them), so yes, if some of them come sometimes on their own that would be great.

Reaction Score
Since Rice is in Houston, I was thinking more of a TexMex. Of course Spanish Rice, May do taco's ( never done those at a tailgate) and fajitas. Margaritas and going to run out to find a Texas beer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
My groups doing burritos & quesadillas with a variety of hot sauces, salsas, and guacamoles. All on the blackstone with Mexican-style rice and beans.

An obnoxious amount of surfsides and beer, plus a birthday cake for one of our buddies.

And a karaoke machine.

Reaction Score
So I'm cooking for the largest group I've ever done (11), which means the menu has to be carefully simplified so my one Coleman Road Trip can handle everything. First course will be Texican -- tortilla chips with guac and chicken and cheese quesadillas. Entree will be burgers, a potato salad and tomato stacks (slices, of tomatoes, mozzarella, onion and basil). Hopefully I am organized enough to pull this off. Because if not, who wants to watch a football game with disappointed lawyers!
It's all about prep. Have everything cut and measured off so you can grab and add instantly when needed.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Since Rice is in Houston, I was thinking more of a TexMex. Of course Spanish Rice, May do taco's ( never done those at a tailgate) and fajitas. Margaritas and going to run out to find a Texas beer.
Best beer in TX in my opinion is Shiner, made in Shiner, TX which is about halfway between Houston and San Antonio. If you can find Shiner in CT right now it may be their Octoberfest which is great. But if you happen to find any of their Prickly Pear blend, which is rare even here in TX and may be out of season everywhere by now, you need to try it. Very special. If not, ask you local package store to order some for next summer. A great beer, especially in warmer weather.

Reaction Score
It's all about prep. Have everything cut and measured off so you can grab and add instantly when needed.
Just sitting down now, exhausted, after all the prep work. Just a little more prep in the morning, and the tailgate itself is. Nothing more than a little assembly and a lot of grilling. If I can wake up in the morning.

Reaction Score
This is a tailgate fgr young and incoming lawyers at my firm, all of whom went to UConn either undergrad or for law school and expressed interest in coming (hopefully not just because a senior partner invited them), so yes, if some of them come sometimes on their own that would be great.

Umm how did the memo read.

“I’m hosting a UConn fb tailgate this Saturday for all that are interested, my treat“.

Signed,

Senior Partner (with big onions).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom