Tailgating Ambulance | The Boneyard

Tailgating Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolutely love it. Hope they get some business, nice idea.

Definitely one of my goals to get a nice tailgate van/truck. So jealous when I pass the couple of trucks that have huge flat screens and satellite tv.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think I saw these guys on the highway somewhere a couple weeks ago... did a double take.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You aren't a real program until you have someone with a ridiculously tricked-out tailgating vehicle in your fan base.

U

UConn9604

For those of you in the blue lot yesterday, you may have seen these guys. Tricked out an ambulance for tailgaiting purposes. Must admit, I suffered from a bit of tailgate envy. Nice job by these guys.

http://uconntailgate.com/Uconnbalance.html

One of my buddies came up with this same idea 4-5 years ago, but none of us had a garage to store it in. Now we have garages and kids, and still no ambulance.

Reaction Score
Donald Brown's father had a great decal laden horse trailer. It was unique.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the tailgate ambulance has become a popular thing lately. there are so cool ones around. some of the best ive seen are oregon/purdue/toledo/tcu. google those up. i am more of a fan tho of the ppl who take old school busses and do them up. so cool imo...

Reaction Score
Saw that ambulance yesterday in Blue Lot postgame. It was an immediate "I gotta get me one of these" moment. It was parked 1 row up from my tailgate crew.

Reaction Score
we may not pack a stadium like Michigan or Tennessee, but i've tailgated @Michigan, Tennessee, Clemson, UVA, and a few others and the Rent is as good or better tailgate than any of them.

Reaction Score
we may not pack a stadium like Michigan or Tennessee, but i've tailgated @Michigan, Tennessee, Clemson, UVA, and a few others and the Rent is as good or better tailgate than any of them.

I will second this. I have been to many college stadiums, and UCONN competes with the best I have seen thus far. Great atmosphere, and as long as you stay away from the student area, alot of friendly tailgaters.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm surprised noone has mentioned/seen the old school fire truck that someone converted into a tailgating vehicle. They have an outdoor grill running across the back behind the cab. They park next to the D gate, I've seen them for at least the last 2 games. Not quite on the same scale as the ambulance, but very cool nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Glad you guys all like the Ambulance! Lot of work went into it. Stop by and say hello. Go Huskies!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Glad you guys all like the Ambulance! Lot of work went into it. Stop by and say hello. Go Huskies!
thats u? thats sweet!!!!
i think u should change your handle name to "uconnambulance" and go wild with it lol

Reaction Score
haven't really committed to a name yet. There are a couple ideas out there. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Reaction Score
haven't really committed to a name yet. There are a couple ideas out there. Any ideas would be appreciated!

I would suggest looking for sponsors. You guys seem to have a keen business eye. You inspired me to research tailgate ambulances/vans and saw that a group of Nebraska fans had their Ambulance sponsored.

http://www.bigredmeatwagon.com/

Reaction Score
The first three are big time tailgates...UVA is more like a Yale Harvard game but it's too hot for the racoon coats. The ambulance is awesome!

Reaction Score
Right now we have 5 sponsors. In negotiations with 1 more to be our platinum sponsor. Have to try to defray the cost somehow. Tough to put this together with just one person.

Reaction Score
You've
Right now we have 5 sponsors. In negotiations with 1 more to be our platinum sponsor. Have to try to defray the cost somehow. Tough to put this together with just one person.

You've done a fantastic job so far. Props to you. Will def stop by if I ever make it back from the West Coast for a home game. Unless we make it to the Fiesta Bowl again (hmmmmmm....) in which case you better take that baby on a road trip.

Reaction Score

Cool. Didn't see the sponsors in the pictures. Maybe the boneyard can take a collection to have it's name inscribed on the ambulance? Not sure how much it costs, but I would throw in a couple bucks.

Reaction Score
I saw a similar ambulance at UW a couple years ago. I still think the most original tailgating idea I've seen atUConn was an ice luge setup.
6259377126_c167a900e2_m.jpg

Reaction Score
Love the ambulance! Sean throws a mean member guest tourney @ Clinton CC as well!!!

Reaction Score
That "ambulance" was there for all to see last Thursday. It's been a long while since I've been to a game. When I saw it, I was amazed. Never imagined our fans would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom