Tailgate menu for the Fruit... | The Boneyard

Tailgate menu for the Fruit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Theme is twofold: Bountiful Harvest & Anything Orange goes:
Mimosas, Oktoberfest beers, fruit cocktail, Orange wings, Mac & orange cheese, pumpkin cake or pie (remember anything orange), burgers, dogs, etc. cole slaw.... more later

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Theme this week is "son up from DC for the game so we cook what he wants." I think we'll start with bacon wrapped blackened shrimp, and then go to barbecued flank steak sandwiches with a homemade potato salad.
Sounds pretty solid!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We're doing NY theme... so Buffalo Wings to start- fried in oil of course then tossed in Anchor wing sauce. Then we're doing beer brats that we'll soak in a onion/butter/beer bath then grill off before hitting the bun to lock in the juices. Let em soak for a few hours. Can't wait!

Plus of course plenty of beers, and maybe screwdrivers in the AM.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I suspect my tailgate will be a bag of the Taco Explosion Doritos, some Buffalo Wing Combos, a bottle
of white wine and some Captain Morgan 100 mixed with only the finest diet cola.

I say suspect because I'm sure I will be buying this in East Hartford on the way and it's usually in stock between the package store and gas station.

Reaction Score
I suspect my tailgate will be a bag of the Taco Explosion Doritos, some Buffalo Wing Combos, a bottle

I say suspect because I'm sure I will be buying this in East Hartford on the way and it's usually in stock between the package store and gas station.

Livin' large... LOL

Reaction Score

O.K., I probably criticize Whaler less than almost anyone on the board, and I'm also a big believer in drink whatever wine you like with your food rather than worry about perfect pairings, but white wine with Buffalo wings? Really? If the wings are at all decent the spices will totally overpower any white wine.

(O.k., now I've just heard myself say that and maybe I shouldn't rule out the Nantucket red pants for Saturday.)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
O.K., I probably criticize Whaler less than almost anyone on the board, and I'm also a big believer in drink whatever wine you like with your food rather than worry about perfect pairings, but white wine with Buffalo wings? Really? If the wings are at all decent the spices will totally overpower any white wine.

(O.k., now I've just heard myself say that and maybe I shouldn't rule out the Nantucket red pants for Saturday.)

It's Buffalo Wing flavored combos. You know the cheese inside the pretzels.

That pairs with almost anything.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
orange glazed bourbon chicken with homemade potato salad, accompanied with the typical chips and drinks

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score

If you go with a sweeter wine, say a Reisling, you are all set.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Starters: Orange Creamsicle Vodka Slush (with the Coolest cooler blender/cooler, of course.) Fruit salad, coffee, coffee cake, screwdrivers perhaps.
Buffalo wings, buffalo chicken dip, sausage & peppers on long rolls, hot dogs for the meek, lots of apps.
Big crowd coming to the 'gate this week. Not to mention lots of hungry firefighters to feed at the stadium. Should be a great time. A little offense and we'll blow this thing up right.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

White wine with Taco Explosion Doritos and Buffalo Wing Combos. That's criminal man. Maybe a Malbac or something.

Instead of Diet Cola, step up your game with a can or two of Pepsi 1893 cola. That stuff is amazing in a rum and coke. Next time we'll work on improving your rum selection.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Now I feel like an idiot for making the same point before reading further down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
White wine with Taco Explosion Doritos and Buffalo Wing Combos. That's criminal man. Maybe a Malbac or something.

Instead of Diet Cola, step up your game with a can or two of Pepsi 1893 cola. That stuff is amazing in a rum and coke. Next time we'll work on improving your rum selection.

Improve? Capt 100 is 99 cents a nip. You can't improve on that value.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Shock Top Belgian White with orange slices, Orange Crush, gourmet sandwiches and orange gelato. And crushed oranges.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Bison Chili with Cornbread. Assorted sausages, cured meats and stuff. Gonna go with Hard Cider this week to shake things up.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
@31GuardTrap Hard Cider is an intriguing idea for this week- being it now fall and all. Which brand do you usually buy? I've never been really into the Redd's or Stongbow hards.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
@31GuardTrap Hard Cider is an intriguing idea for this week- being it now fall and all. Which brand do you usually buy? I've never been really into the Redd's or Stongbow hards.
My wife drinks Hard Ciders because of her gluten allergy and she's a big fan of Angry Orchard and CiderBoys. Ace also isn't terrible. It all depends on what you're looking for. Cider Boys has some good Apple/other fruit combo ciders which are really good. Angry Orchard is solid as a regular cider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom