Tailgate Menu for Temple Game | The Boneyard

Tailgate Menu for Temple Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My version of Philly Cheese Steaks: Costco has these steak strips that are great for grilling post marinade. Served on a ciabata roll with real cheese (HATE Cheez Whiz) grilled fresh peppers from the garden & onions.
Beer (Is Schmidts still available? Those 99 cent pitchers at Rapp's Deli on Tuesdays made for some interesting 8 A.M. classes on Wednesday during my college career)
Cole slaw, potato salad, etc.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Don't forget the glass of raw eggs in honor of Philadelphia's own Rocky Balboa.
Cheese steaks for us as well.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We'll be on the cheesesteak train too. Looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
Can't u guys get yuengling yet. Would that count as Philadelphia beer ?

Reaction Score
Can't u guys get yuengling yet. Would that count as Philadelphia beer ?
Philadephia (Franford Yellow Jackets) screwed Pottsville (Pottsville Maroons) out of an NFL championship in 1925. So....no.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Cheesesteaks
Fries
CL Smooths

Can't wait!

Dooley

Reaction Score
huskies love the cold

HAHA! Nice one Drew.

DSC_1357.jpg

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Not sure what we are having but I have already come up with a rule you are not allowed to say the word PASS/THROW/TOSS during tailgating - havent decided punishment yet...

Pass me the chips - PENALTY
Pass me a napkin please - PENALTY
Throw me a beer - PENALTY
Toss me the paper towels - PENALTY

Reaction Score
This is the only thread on the Boneyard lately that doesn't make my blood pressure skyrocket. You are doing this board a great service coachcap.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Cheesesteaks
Fries
CL Smooths

Can't wait!
Just something about you always calling them CL Smooths that I love. My go to tailgate beer (with a variety of other options sprinkled in the cooler).

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
This is the only thread on the Boneyard lately that doesn't make my blood pressure skyrocket. You are doing this board a great service coachcap.

There are pills for that - over and under the counter

:)

Dooley

Reaction Score
Just something about you always calling them CL Smooths that I love. My go to tailgate beer (with a variety of other options sprinkled in the cooler).

Ours too. We actually have full coolers dedicated to early-round and late-round tailgating. The bottled microbrews are usually the first pick of the tailgating draft. I have one from time to time but I'm a simple man with simple taste. As soon as those mountains turn blue, the CL Smooths are my brew.

Dooley

Reaction Score
CL Smooth is nothing without Pete Rock. JMHO.

I give you a like because a CL Smooth goes well with anything: Pete Rock, Guinness, hot dogs, post-game chocolate chip cookies, lots of punts, unimaginative play calling...whatever. But be careful with your "nothing" comment! :)

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Yuengling will be filling my cooler Sat. Luckily I live 15min from a packie literally five feet across the mass border. We also will be jumping on the cheese steake train.

Reaction Score
Given the current state of affairs, I thought I would just scavenge road kill on the drive up.

However, our group has a tradition that the first home game in October is Octoberfest, and since we have no home games in October this year it means we will be eating wursts, spaetzle, red cabbage, German potato salad, and beer. Good German beer.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anyone looking for a Philly craft brewery for the tailgate, Victory makes some outstanding beers.

What the hell is Pete Rock?

Reaction Score
Yuengling beer goes on sale in CT package stores on Oct 6th. I think it just became available in bars yesterday.
Bleh, horribly overrated beer. It's bombed up here in Boston. +1 on Victory, a great PA brewery.

Reaction Score
TGW93 said:
... our group has a tradition that the first home game in October is Octoberfest, and since we have no home games in October this year it means we will be eating wursts, spaetzle, red cabbage, German potato salad, and beer. Good German beer.
With no home game last Saturday, the first day of Oktoberfest this year (9/20), this is your group's first game-day opportunity to celebrate the long ago royal wedding. As always, Oktoberfest ends the first Sunday of October (10/5) ... plenty of time to hop a plane to Munchen. Prost!

Reaction Score
brasssbonanzaa said:
Bleh, horribly overrated beer. It's bombed up here in Boston. +1 on Victory, a great PA brewery.
Never understood the over-glorified reputation of Yuengling, plus it's not brewed in Philly (actually Pottsville, about as far from Philly as the City). Plenty of better alternatives exist in the same price range, or equally blah beers for less wallet damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom