Tailgate Menu for Navy Game... | The Boneyard

Tailgate Menu for Navy Game...

Reaction Score
Preface: The son-in-law of one of the couples in our tailgate crew serves & his ship just docked at home port last weekend.
Therefore, theme this week is comfort food:
Pulled pork sandwiches on either deli or ciabata rolls,
Chili
Mac & cheese
Cole slaw
Chocolate chip cookies
Beer & other libations

(Editor's Note: This is only a partial menu as rest of tailgate crew is checking in tonight with their list of offerings to bring)

Reaction Score
Preface: The son-in-law of one of the couples in our tailgate crew serves & his ship just docked at home port last weekend.
Therefore, theme this week is comfort food:
Pulled pork sandwiches on either deli or ciabata rolls,
Chili
Mac & cheese
Cole slaw
Chocolate chip cookies
Beer & other libations

(Editor's Note: This is only a partial menu as rest of tailgate crew is checking in tonight with their list of offerings to bring)
Navy beans in that chili?

Reaction Score
@coachcap as Duncan above hopes you have Navy beans in the chili in honor of your distinguished guest. Nice he is being welcomed aboard a UConn tailgate. I would hope one of the libations would be a nice PORT wine.
Thank him for serving from our group of four to six with occasional guests. We're going with a beef stew as the main with assorted small grilled snacks, chips and dips before. Beer and drinks of choice.

Reaction Score
Weeknight game doesn't get two courses because of time limitations. So sausage and pepper grinders, a pasta and pesto salad and grilled asparagus. Choice of beer or Italian wine.

Reaction Score
This is our annual beef stew, biscuits, and home made apple pie a la mode on the grill tailgate. Might have to swap out the beef for some goat this time around.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Add a little curry to that goat stew and you've got a big winner.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Need some creamed chipped beef.

More affectionately known as sxhittt on a shingle. Staple of a Sailor's diet for years. And some Navy bean soup.

Reaction Score
Let's Party!!

Halls cut cheese burgers
Italian hot sausages
Burnt ends
Buffalo chicken dip
BLT pasta salad
Halloween candy
Lots of Beer
More beer
Fiances leftover bridal shower cupcakes LOL

Cheers!

Reaction Score
Let's Party!!

Halls cut cheese burgers
Italian hot sausages
Burnt ends
Buffalo chicken dip
BLT pasta salad
Halloween candy
Lots of Beer
More beer
Fiances leftover bridal shower cupcakes LOL

Cheers!
Forgive my ignorance, Halls cut?

Reaction Score
Forgive my ignorance, Halls cut?

Hall’s is a steakhouse in Charleston SC that makes a killer burger. Mix of nice beef cuts ground and served on a soft brioche with very gooey cheese. I assumed that’s what he meant because I occasionally hear some friends of mine from SC say they are making their burgers Hall’s style.

In CT he could be talking about something else.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
@coachcap as Duncan above hopes you have Navy beans in the chili in honor of your distinguished guest. Nice he is being welcomed aboard a UConn tailgate. I would hope one of the libations would be a nice PORT wine.
Thank him for serving from our group of four to six with occasional guests. We're going with a beef stew as the main with assorted small grilled snacks, chips and dips before. Beer and drinks of choice.
We did Maryland Crab Cakes to honor our guests. I love when Navy comes to town...right up until kickoff.

Also did our annual Bacon, Jalapeno, Mac N' Cheese, Wings, and Chicken and Sausage gumbo to round out the evening. My son, who doesn't eat any of that had a hot dog.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom