Tailgate menu for Iowa State | The Boneyard

Tailgate menu for Iowa State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Burgers, Pearl Hot Dogs, Italian sausage patties, Hummel Red Hots, Cole slaw, potato salad. Made some
fresh Habanero Hot Dog Relish (that's the shocker part of the menu) from the abundance of my garden.
Pie for dessert. Beer & beverages will be flowing.

Reaction Score
You must be thinking of the Wichita State Shockers. Iowa State is the Cyclones. Unless you're whipping up a tornado I don't know what you could serve for that. Maybe drink a hurricane.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember Rosanne talking about growing-up in Iowa where everybody ate loose meat sandwiches. I looked for a recipe and came across the Urban Dictionary definition and lost my appitite

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sounds good Coach.

Few more ideas courtesy of Wikipedia :

Iowa

The cuisine of Iowa includes the pork tenderloin sandwich, consisting of a lean section of pork tenderloin that is pounded flat, breaded, and deep fried before being served on a seeded hamburger bun with any or all of ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and dill pickle slices. The main ingredient of this dish bears a similarity to schnitzel and may be related to the German immigrants who originally populated central Iowa. Iowa is also the center for creamed corn production and consumption.

Iowa is the center for loose-meat sandwiches, such as those popularized by Maid-Rite, although they can also be found in western Illinois, Indiana and Nebraska.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
LOL... not exactly a land of culinary delights, eh? haha.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
After reading this, I think I will plan a menu not paying attention to where the opponent is from.
I've eaten in nearly every corner corner of the continental US and shy of possibly a game against Tulane (or even LSU) I'll take what they make up here over nearly anything.

Reaction Score
coach your tailgate menu never disappoints....damn that sounds good.

Reaction Score
Do not knock a good pork tenderloin sandie....pretty tasty. Since That new Cy-Hawk trophy was so universally panned by both Iowa and isu fans because it showed the almighty worship of king corn, maybe a corn dog, which is almost the perfect combination of pork and corn, plus it's on a stick and easy to eat and easily portable. As for me ill be mowing down pork butt done for 16 hours and ribs likely some shrimp and grits and possibly some swordfish tacos and alder wood smoked salmon. I vote with my stomach, without regard to the opponent.

Reaction Score
I remember Rosanne talking about growing-up in Iowa where everybody ate loose meat sandwiches. I looked for a recipe and came across the Urban Dictionary definition and lost my appitite

As a general rule, I would stay away from anything Rosanne Barr grew up eating.....

Reaction Score

Roseanne grew up in Utah. Tom Arnold grew up in Iowa.

Reaction Score
Planning the tailgate menu is far better than work for moving on from Saturday nights upset.

With the only definitive night game on the schedule, I think I will do more of a grown up dinner.

Homemade crab dip on toasted french bread.
Steak with creamed spinach and a potato salad.
A decent red wine

Reaction Score
Tom Arnold is a Hawkeye fan.

A good tenderloin is a thing of beauty, but for the real deal you need a good Iowa chop. Dry rub of garlic salt, cumin, and black pepper. Some brats from a small town Iowa locker are impossible to beat this side of the Atlantic as well.

Had I gone east for this one, I would have been trying to scrounge up some good seafood for the grill. It costs an arm and a leg when you're 1500 miles from the nearest coast.

Reaction Score
Best thread on the board right now. Instead of feeling sick mouth is watering. I don't know what I'm making because I don't know who's coming. Everybody I work with is going nuts and seems pretty busy since the storm and other events that hit us up for more work at -House. There will be a "decent" red wine involved somewhere but a victory may call for a change of pace afterwards. I'll be somewhere in the Blue lot and might like to stop by if anyone wants to PM me a location.

Reaction Score
Planning the tailgate menu is far better than work for moving on from Saturday nights upset.

With the only definitive night game on the schedule, I think I will do more of a grown up dinner.

Homemade crab dip on toasted french bread.
Steak with creamed spinach and a potato salad.
A decent red wine

I'd expect nothing less from you, BL ... :D :D :D

Reaction Score
Almost any variety of octoberfest will do. And, some folks like those pumpkin flavored brews.

Reaction Score
Chin got me hooked on Hacker-Pschorr ... Original Oktoberfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom