Tailgate menu for Illinois game... | The Boneyard

Tailgate menu for Illinois game...

Reaction Score
Will miss the tailgating before the game due to wife's uncle's 90th birthday party. Will get to game in progress.
My crew decided on the following:
-Barbecue ribs
-steamers
-mac & cheese
-corn
-Kahlua baked beans
-birthday cake for dessert
-and, of course, BEER!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have sort of a traditional crew organized this week and there is nothing really that the Champaigne-Urbana region is known for, so my initial thought is to go old school and see how they feel about copious amounts of brats and Polish sausage. Enough to give the Bill Swerski Superfans each a 21st heart attack. Doesn't hurt to play off the fact that the Bears played at Memorial Stadium while Soldier Field was being rebuilt.

Will probably do steamers and clams again and maybe some pulled pork mac and cheese. Can't do ribs this week. Won't have enough time. I smoked a couple racks on Monday though.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Will miss the tailgating before the game due to wife's uncle's 90th birthday party. Will get to game in progress.
My crew decided on the following:
-Barbecue ribs
-steamers
-mac & cheese
-corn
-Kahlua baked beans
-birthday cake for dessert
-and, of course, BEER!
you had me at ribs, steamers, and mac. i'll be there. thanks for the invite.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
no deep dish pizza? :p
You mean pizza casserole?

I had a fleeting thought (may still do it) of offering mimosas ("Champaign" and OJ), but considering my crew, I'm not sure.

Reaction Score

It’s an hour an away, but I have family in central IL and Springfield, Illinois is famous for the above. Dive bars all over the area make a great version of it

Reaction Score
Someone please do deep fried Pierogis

My Mom's side was all Polish and can't beat Perogies fried with butter and onions in a stovetop pan. As a kid I liked the potato and cheese best but the cabbage ones are #1 now.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
liking the brats idea... we are adding "food on a stick" - kabobs, fruit, brownies, cheese puffs, whatever folks come up with.

Reaction Score
My Mom's side was all Polish and can't beat Perogies fried with butter and onions in a stovetop pan. As a kid I liked the potato and cheese best but the cabbage ones are #1 now.
Three weeks before Christmas, my family starts the pierogi assembly line in anticipation of "Polish Christmas Eve." I am the boiler. We make @ 700 total of 3 varieties: Sauerkraut (not washed cabbage-like the tanginess), farmers cheese, & potato & chedder. They are soaked in butter & frozen until the event. Somehow a few bags get unacccounted for in MY freezer.lol
On a related note: I was in Nowak's butcher shop in Meriden last week to buy breakfast sausage for a future breakfast tailgate & also snagged 6 dozen assorted of those 3 varieties. So for the first breakfast tailgate in October we MAY (if I don't eat them first) have Nowak's sausage, pierogies, & Filipek's kielbasa. (My variation of Oktoberfest breakfast!)

Finally, a late edition to this week's tailgate: My sister (took cake baking & decoration courses & made my wedding cake eons ago of carrot cake) is bringing homemade peach cobbler as it's the season. I told her that she better save me a generous portion for the post game tailgate!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom