Tailgate for Army Game | The Boneyard

Tailgate for Army Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mrs. coachcap suggested the All American Breakfast:
O.J. component (Mimosas)
Patriotic pancakes (topped with blueberries & raspberries) In fairness, she suggested strawberries, but who wants to be chopping up fruit if you don't have to.
Meat & potatoes-choices of bacon, ham, breakfast sausage to grill. Home fries-nuff said
fruit platter
Apple cider doughnuts

(beer of the week-anything from upstate N.Y. except Genny Cream-maybe Saratoga)

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Mrs. coachcap suggested the All American Breakfast:
O.J. component (Mimosas)
Patriotic pancakes (topped with blueberries & raspberries) In fairness, she suggested strawberries, but who wants to be chopping up fruit if you don't have to.
Meat & potatoes-choices of bacon, ham, breakfast sausage to grill. Home fries-nuff said
fruit platter
Apple cider doughnuts

(beer of the week-anything from upstate N.Y. except Genny Cream-maybe Saratoga)

Hmmm......may have to rethink some of the items we have.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As I wrote in the other thread...Freedom Toast. In terms of libation, I'm thinking Jack & Coke. I'm normally a Vodka or Scotch guy, but the base liquor must be American for this game for obvious reasons. Then again, can we call Grey Goose "Freedom Potato Juice?"

Reaction Score
Melon and devilled eggs to start. Than bacon wrapped blackend shrimp. And then on to flank steak sandwiches.

Start with mimosas -- end with beer

Reaction Score
how strict are they on charcoal grills? guy who normally brings our grill is away this week and charcoal is all I've got. has anybody had issues in the past?

Reaction Score
As I wrote in the other thread...Freedom Toast. In terms of libation, I'm thinking Jack & Coke. I'm normally a Vodka or Scotch guy, but the base liquor must be American for this game for obvious reasons. Then again, can we call Grey Goose "Freedom Potato Juice?"
The guy who brought Jagermeister and Grey Goose to the states was from Montville and worked at P&W.... I think Goose counts

Reaction Score
blue93 said:
how strict are they on charcoal grills? guy who normally brings our grill is away this week and charcoal is all I've got. has anybody had issues in the past?

Yes. I had issues with charcoal grills which eventually led me to park at air craft club permanently. This was 3 or 4 years ago.

Reaction Score

Seen it both ways... depends how close you are to prying eyes and people who don't like to mind their own business.

I sure wouldn't flaunt it or have cereal ready for breakfast when they grab your charcoal.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was thinking Army Brats.

Reaction Score
SOS(Chipped dried beef of toast) and a cup of joe (with whiskey of course). What else? It's what I remember from the Army. The only problem is the toast. It takes up a lot of real estate on the grill. But we're resourceful.

PS. We didn't have the whiskey in the joe in the Army and don't worry I'm rooting for my grad school alma mater (UConn)

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
-Bloody Mary's
-Breakfast Burritos (w/ sausage, hash browns, onions, peppers, egg, cheese)
-Wings (pre-game)
-Burgers (post-game)
-Beer (all-day)
-A UConn Victory.

Reaction Score
Beer, beer, losing my voice during game....finding Coachs tailgate in pregame and pleading for food?

Reaction Score
blue93 said:
EHFD hat on: If we see it, it will be put out. Our Fire Marshall is Gloria Stokes, who spends her spare time as a Baptist minister.... From Alabama. Lol, we don't trifle with her! In all seriousness it's easy to spot them too. I'd hate to see you not have anything to cook on. There's some super cheap propane models. I have one from Walmart. It's a bit late for Amazon but they have one for 20 bucks. Char-broil table top gas grill.

Reaction Score
Melon and devilled eggs to start. Than bacon wrapped blackend shrimp. And then on to flank steak sandwiches.

Start with mimosas -- end with beer
You may have 241 to yourself after all that.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

There's some decent vodka made in the US. Tito's Handmade... although that might be better saved for the Houston team. The Bloody Mary was invented in NY City... either that or in a bar in Paris called New York either way that's good enough for me. :D

Reaction Score
EHFD hat on: If we see it, it will be put out. Our Fire Marshall is Gloria Stokes, who spends her spare time as a Baptist minister.... From Alabama. Lol, we don't trifle with her! In all seriousness it's easy to spot them too. I'd hate to see you not have anything to cook on. There's some super cheap propane models. I have one from Walmart. It's a bit late for Amazon but they have one for 20 bucks. Char-broil table top gas grill.
Thanks Jarhead, I'll probably just go pick up a cheap propane grill after work today. Not worth the hassle and it'll be put to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom