Tacko Fall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tacko Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He's actually been much better than I thought he'd be this year. Has a nice looking shot, too. The shame for him is that Donnie Jones ain't "see the sculpture in the stone" type.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's actually been much better than I thought he'd be this year. Has a nice looking shot, too. The shame for him is that Donnie Jones ain't "see the sculpture in the stone" type.

Most diplomatic way of saying a guy 'can't develop players for sh it' I ever heard.

Reaction Score
He's not a finished product, but he blocked 3 shots in 14 minutes and altered a ton more. Thabeet may not have seemed like a future all-American if you watched him his freshman year.

He's one of the 40 tallest people on the planet. He could stand in the paint scratching his ear and alter a couple shots. There's a reason he's on UCF and not in a real program. He stinks.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Shonn didn't even bother jumping for the opening tap. LOL
LOL that was funny. I laughed myself. Looked like the ref had trouble deciding how high to throw the ball up,

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Hopefully he does get good coaching. He looked lost out there. Seems his instruction was to stand under the basket. That is it. Going up and down court he went to the same spot. About good guards, I don't think you have to be that good to loft the ball to him. Ally Oops without leaving the floor. Rebounding. That was his job.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's one of the 40 tallest people on the planet. He could stand in the paint scratching his ear and alter a couple shots. There's a reason he's on UCF and not in a real program. He stinks.

I wonder what you were saying about Thabeet back in 2007? Kid is a freshman, he's gonna be good in a few years if he can stay healthy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He'll be fun to watch, but seriously there's a reason he's on UCF. He's nowhere close to Thabeet.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He'll be fun to watch, but seriously there's a reason he's on UCF. He's nowhere close to Thabeet.

My comparison was just that Thabeet looked awful his freshman year but was much better by the time he left school, not that Fall would win defensive PoY. He doesn't have to become Thabeet to be a good player.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My comparison was just that Thabeet looked awful his freshman year but was much better by the time he left school, not that Fall would win defensive PoY. He doesn't have to become Thabeet to be a good player.
Thabeet averaged 6pts, 6 boards and 4 blocks a game as a freshman. He wasn't awful.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thabeet averaged 6pts, 6 boards and 4 blocks a game as a freshman. He wasn't awful.

Maybe awful was a little strong, but he improved by leaps and bounds the next two years. That's all I'm saying here; Fall showed some promise on the defensive end and it wouldn't surprise me if he's a damn good defender in a year or two. As it is, we had a really hard time scoring off of him in the paint yesterday.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not rebounding your height is awful. A 7 foot center should get 8-9 rpg by accident.

Reaction Score
I wonder what you were saying about Thabeet back in 2007? Kid is a freshman, he's gonna be good in a few years if he can stay healthy.

I'm not sure why you are so intent on my freshman scouting report on Thabeet....but I thought he was raw on both ends, some defensive instincts and that the UConn staff would help him develop some. I thought it was a joke he got drafted so high.

And Fall is 7'6" and took one shot yesterday. He grabbed 3 rebounds. Other than being freakishly tall, based on your limited exposure, why are you so convinced that he's going to be any good? Because he looked coordinated when he ran and didn't look like a lanky mess of knees and elbows?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you are so intent on my freshman scouting report on Thabeet....but I thought he was raw on both ends, some defensive instincts and that the UConn staff would help him develop some. I thought it was a joke he got drafted so high.

And Fall is 7'6" and took one shot yesterday. He grabbed 3 rebounds. Other than being freakishly tall, based on your limited exposure, why are you so convinced that he's going to be any good? Because he looked coordinated when he ran and didn't look like a lanky mess of knees and elbows?

I already told you why I think he's got potential; he showed some pretty good defensive instincts. Blocked a few shots in 14 minutes and altered a bunch more. When you're 7'6" you don't have to be Dikembe in order to be a good player. I think he's got the tools to be pretty good in a few years, nothing more than that.

Reaction Score
I sensed a small bit of Space Jam out there last night. Freak show on the UCF campus. UConn beat the crap outta the mon-STARS!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Some UCF fans said that UC Irvine came in earlier in the season and have 7'6" Mamdou Nidaiye and when they squared off it was an historical first that two of the tallest guys on the planet played in the same game.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If they had a good big man coach they could do some serious damage. Even Blair is huge. They define monsters, made our bigs look puny, except Enoch.
Blair is just really scary looking. Wasn't that familiar with their players and when he came in I thought "they just keep getting scarier with every replacement". Glad he is a senior.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Some UCF fans said that UC Irvine came in earlier in the season and have 7'6" Mamdou Nidaiye and when they squared off it was an historical first that two of the tallest guys on the planet played in the same game.

Some of that guy's pics from high school are hilarious (valiant effort from this kid):

mamadoundiaye%20(9).jpg

Hell, even some of his college ones are too:

resize

Reaction Score
Tacko Fall update.

Watched him in the first half against a very uninspired Tulane team.

0 pts
1 reb

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Tacko Fall update.

Watched him in the first half against a very uninspired Tulane team.

0 pts
1 reb
Why are you following this game seeing that its over 1000 miles from the home of the Yard Goats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom