Tacko Fall | The Boneyard

Tacko Fall

Reaction Score
UConn's going to miss Brimah a lot Wednesday night. Who do they match up against Tacko? I see him putting them into foul trouble very quickly.

Reaction Score
Ollie has a track record of shutting down dominant bigs. We did a really nice job against Ayton earlier this year for 90% of the game, if I remember correctly. And we have destroyed Tacko Fall in the past.

I think this IS a strength of his as a coach. And you won't hear me saying that often.

Reaction Score
we need to attack him and put him in foul trouble. Then you don't have to worry about it because he'll be on the bench. Otherwise, you gotta deny him the ball down low and make him get out into space away from the hoop when he gets the ball.

Reaction Score
Ollie has a track record of shutting down dominant bigs. We did a really nice job against Ayton earlier this year for 90% of the game, if I remember correctly. And we have destroyed Tacko Fall in the past.

I think this IS a strength of his as a coach. And you won't hear me saying that often.

Something he took from JC more than likely - watched Elton Brand tape '99.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
KW might have a chance of swatting some of his shots.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
With the way the weather has been - leave a couple of doors open and the wind will blow him over.

Reaction Score
Tacko's offense will not be the problem. He only takes like 6 shots a game.

I'm not sure how we score any points in the game, though. They don't foul on D, we won't score in the paint, and obviously we can't shoot.

Basically we just have to pray for some steals and layups.

Reaction Score
Please no DO especially early where we will quickly have 7 team fouls while ucf has 1.

Keep the same starting lineup as the last couple games.

Reaction Score
Best defense against him would be the fast break. Shuttle our bugs in and out after a few sprints. Get his tounge to the floor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hear UCF is thinking about canceling this game due to the nor'easter. Any truth to this?

Kudos. Pretty funny.

They probably would have but then saw the ECU game.

Reaction Score
Tacko's offense will not be the problem. He only takes like 6 shots a game.

I'm not sure how we score any points in the game, though. They don't foul on D, we won't score in the paint, and obviously we can't shoot.

Basically we just have to pray for some steals and layups.

I was going to say. Tacko's offense will be the least of our problems. They are fourth in adjusted defense right now nationally and we are something less than that on offense. Tacko actually isn't having that great of a season - he plays about half the game typically and when he is in there he's not super productive. Johnny Dawkins deserves a lot of credit for the job he's done with that group minus two of their three best players.

My only hope is tied to the fact that we played some of our best basketball in this match-up last season.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I remember always pulling Tacko away from the hoop. Bringing him up to the foul line. Also pushing him away on defense. 10 footers may give him problems. If he is close enough it will be slam city and one. Box out box out box out. I like Williams.

Reaction Score
The idea of putting DO on Fall is insane. Yeah, DO is our biggest guy, but he is still a foot shorter than Fall. If we are going to give up that much length (and we do not have a choice in that) better to use a guy who can better draw Fall away from the hoop. Wouldn't be shocked if Whaley plays a lot of 5, especially if Carlton continues to foul at an astronomical rate.

Reaction Score
Should be close. Both teams can’t score. Maybe one of our perimeter guys gets hot from 3 and we pull this one out.

Reaction Score
he idea of putting DO on Fall is insane. Yeah, DO is our biggest guy, but he is still a foot shorter than Fall. If we are going to give up that much length (and we do not have a choice in that) better to use a guy who can better draw Fall away from the hoop. Wouldn't be shocked if Whaley plays a lot of 5, especially if Carlton continues to foul at an astronomical rate.

Would not be surprised if you see alot of larrier/whaley and 3 guards. If UCF stays in man, I can't see TF being effective covering one of those two in the high post or chasing larrier through screens. Not a big fan of the small line-up, but it might work against this group, escpecially if thin in the backcourt

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone else mistake this thread for an @August_West review of Taco Bell?

efbf20_148259.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom