T-Sam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

T-Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
And yet another example of a member of the Boneyard....who actually just making things up....what are you basing this assessment off of? 2 games to a new season or 2013-2014 body of work...What if your boss judged you like you're currently judging Terrance...would you have a job?

Reaction Score
I saw him drive to the hoop and, in heavy traffic, make the lay-up (or maybe it was a pull-up jumper among the trees from 4-5 out). Looked good to me.

Reaction Score
TSam will play 20+ mins per game. We have seen that KO isn't opposed to using a 4 guard lineup at times (3 PG's and RP). We're not deep at the 4 (Lubin will be ready soon...but not yet).

TS hasn't grown his confidence yet, but when he does, i think we can expect big things.
I gotta disagree with this. The second he stepped on the court as a freshman, he was driving right to the basket and right at the bigs. You can say he's missing a jump shot, true point guard skills, but one thing he's sure as heck not missing is confidence.

Reaction Score
Tsam is what he is is a good defensive player that can drive the ball well with a loose handle and not much passing ablities that I have seen. Also, a pretty decent rebounder for his size. He just scares the hell out of me at the top of the key being pressured with that high, loose dribble he has. He is so turnover prone with the way he dribbles.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
T Sam plays the way we need Purvis to play. Ollie's drive and kick offense needs the wings to make immediate reads. Shoot it, or put it down draw the defense and kick to the opposite wing or take it all the way to the basket. Watch T Sam in this role and how quickly he makes his reads and then watch Purvis do the same.

Yes RP has a better jump shot (and therefore upside) but until he starts to react instinctively (like Tsam does) then he's actually less of a viable option than TSam at this point. Thankfully, we're UConn, and we know that its not about winning games in November so Purvis is going to continue to get developmental minutes.

@HuskiesAllDay isn't wrong but I do think he/she are shorting T Sam a little too much, and I bet a good deal of the forum taking shots at AD remembers "This Team Stinks"

Reaction Score
T Sam plays the way we need Purvis to play. Ollie's drive and kick offense needs the wings to make immediate reads. Shoot it, or put it down draw the defense and kick to the opposite wing or take it all the way to the basket. Watch T Sam in this role and how quickly he makes his reads and then watch Purvis do the same.

Yes RP has a better jump shot (and therefore upside) but until he starts to react instinctively (like Tsam does) then he's actually less of a viable option than TSam at this point. Thankfully, we're UConn, and we know that its not about winning games in November so Purvis is going to continue to get developmental minutes.

@HuskiesAllDay isn't wrong but I do think he/she are shorting T Sam a little too much, and I bet a good deal of the forum taking shots at AD remembers "This Team Stinks"

Oka this isn't directed toward you.

I thought I made it abundantly clear that I was not disparaging T-Sam and my thoughts were more of assessing our overall team's skillsets rather than how he has played after four freakin games. Its clear as day in my post and yet people still cant figure it out.

People on here freak out if you say one thing that could be seen as negative. I never once said he should benched, or he stinks, or he brings nothing to the table. I simply said that his skillset is something that plenty of others possess on the team. His greatest weakness is his outside shooting, which coincidentally is supposedly Omar's greatest strength.

Therefore, I would not be surprised to see T-Sam's role diminished when Omar comes back. I was simply responding to plenty of speculative posts on who will last on the depth chart for our guards. People guessed Omar. I'm simply saying that given their skill sets, I feel that eventually Omar will pass Terrence on the depth chart and T-Sam may play limited minutes. This has NOTHING to do with T-Sam as a player or how he has played so far. Its based on what the team needs and who can offer that. That rational is completely logical and will probably prove to be true.

I have no idea how that is so controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom