T Minus 7 days to tailgating check list... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

T Minus 7 days to tailgating check list...

C

Chief00

Um, yes, and you were wrong.

Of course you'll stop talking when you're shown to be a moran (again). Typical.
You're also now on the record of skipping 1 of 6 UConn home games for an NFL exhibition, and a useless one, at that.
Respectfully, you are beyond lost. My information was very accurate in contrast to yours. I wasn’t going to turn down a business related luxury box invite to Gillette for the Wagner game to please a lost poster on the BY. Now on to more productive things and the ignore button.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Ch30 had rain in the forecast for Thursday. It’s a week out and could change, but still. We’ll have a tent if need be and rain gear. Hope you seal some really big deal Chief, up there in Foxboro. Geesh. Think you lost this round.

Reaction Score
Sounds like fun. Chief will miss the first game due to a conflict with the Giants/Patriots. True, it’s just a preseason game but from a business perspective if Chief was AD there would be a hard and fast rule - you don’t compete on the calendar with the Patriots and Giants. This usually happens in Men’s basketball but of course holds true for football. It never ends well for us attendance or rating wise. We need to be smarter.
No one cares.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ch30 had rain in the forecast for Thursday. It’s a week out and could change, but still. We’ll have a tent if need be and rain gear. Hope you seal some really big deal Chief, up there in Foxboro. Geesh. Think you lost this round.
I understand now. He works in the luxury box. It's the only thing in this or virtually any other dimension that makes sense.

C

Chief00

not a great sign they dont think he is important enough for a reg season game
Timing can be everything! Chief is always appreciative of nice invites. Quite frankly, with the negative impulses some have here - I wonder how you actually make it through the day?

Last edited by a moderator:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Incidentally #YouAreOfficiallyOldIf is trending in my timeline...Apparently, I'm old.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Going to Gillette.
Picking out your outfit for the game for you
12D11FA9-90CD-4C61-83BF-3E0910F6EE28.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thursday night is the kickoff for a great Labor Day weekend.

Thurs- UConn v. Wagner
Fri- Golf tournament in the morning. Four man scramble. Evening- Friday night lights for son's football game playing rival HS at rival's field. Added bonus that Mrs. Diesel is grad of rival HS.
Sat- Recover a bit. Watch mucho CFP.
Sun- In-laws arrive for 9 days. Actually have a great relationship with them.
Mon- Beach and BBQ.

C

Chief00

I expect to have a great time with great people. Built good relationships and the rest naturally flows from that. I never plan to use a social occasion to seal a deal. If you do, you come off too obnoxious and self centered.

C

Chief00

You made me snork my coffee...
The point is - it’s a big turnoff if you try to do business and social at the same time. Sure, the social bond helps - but only if you do business at another time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am anxiously awaiting what I believe will be a solid performance against Wagner and a team that looks the part of being able to compete every game.

That being said, I will sedate heavily with alcohol prior to kickoff in case everything goes off the rails early. I don't want to risk seeing a disastrous performance while sober.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom