Syracuse vs South Carolina, Stanford vs Notre Dame | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Syracuse vs South Carolina, Stanford vs Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well the Cardinal can score. That means they definitely have what it takes to take down UConn. Words of wisdom from here on out - be careful what you wish for.

If by chance UConn and Stanford meet in this tournament, I'm hoping they've got their "crazy good game of the year" out of their system by then. :D

But UConn had best put out good efforts from here on out. Every remaining team is going to look at today's results and say, "Why not us?"

Reaction Score
Good news for Vols fans: you get to enjoy having Warlick as your head coach for the next decade!

Reaction Score
Well the Cardinal can score. That means they definitely have what it takes to take down UConn. Words of wisdom from here on out - be careful what you wish for.
They only need 2 more to reach us in the finals.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
But that's the thing. The Cardinal have been having trouble all year scoring (68 ppg, 42% FG, 36% 3FG). Tonight they were phenomenal, but they have not been a good offensive team this year. Some of their scoring was due to an excellent game plan by Tara. I believe that Muffet was outcoached tonight. But Stanford played so well, they certainly deserve a ton of credit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tara had her team prepared for the tourney, that's for sure. AT least prepared for ND. Her team is young. No graduating seniors are starters. She pushed all the right buttons, not even winning the PAC 12 tourney...

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
So did Syracuse Stanford just pull off the biggest tournament upset since Louisville beat Baylor? Not that tonight's upset is anywhere near the magnitude that Louisville's win was, obviously, but I can't recall offhand one this large happening since then.
Surely this is what this poster meant to say earlier.

Reaction Score
Tennessee beat Syracuse, 57-55, in Knoxville.
Not anywhere the team Syracuse is now, and the young guards for Tennessee have not seen the kind of pressure they will see Sunday.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Not to count our chickens or anything... but... wouldn't it be cool to have a Huskies vs Huskies Championship game with two squads located on opposite ends of the country? With the fans all merging in the center of the country (well sort of center) in Indy?

Reaction Score
I think you're forgetting that we play defense pretty good. We're pretty good at basketball. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ooooh weeeeee....Big guns went down tonight....And look at lil Tennessee. I didn't even see them getting past the second round.

Goes to show you...The regular season is the regular season. But anything can happen in the tournament.
And the refs tried to help ND with them dumb calls in the 4th

Reaction Score
Not anywhere the team Syracuse is now, and the young guards for Tennessee have not seen the kind of pressure they will see Sunday.

Um. I'd say Tennessee is a little different too.

Reaction Score
ASU tried to play pressure against Tennessee and you see how that worked out. If Syracuse cannot control the paint and Mercedes Russell has another game like she had tonight it won't go well for Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Big winner tonight? Baylor. They're thinking that their semi-final is now the final. "Just" (ha!) get by UConn, and no longer a #1 seed waiting for you at the other end. Of course, UConn sees the same finish, but it's suddenly becoming such a weird year that Baylor has to feel a bit better than before with the dice rolling so crazily.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stanford basically pulled a "Stanford vs. UConn" against Notre Dame. Hitting difficult shots whenever they needed them, along with some out of sorts play from their opponent.

What a crazy women's tourney.
Stanford has 2 HUGE wins in the past 2 seasons. Kudos to Tara et al.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The WCBB world is officially upside down. Two of these teams are going to be in the FF: Washington, Syracuse, TN, or Stanford. One of those teams would have been a surprise two is inexpiable!

Reaction Score
The WCBB world is officially upside down. Two of these teams are going to be in the FF: Washington, Syracuse, TN, or Stanford. One of those teams would have been a surprise two is inexpiable!
I want no part of Stanford after last year. Give Coach VanDerveer loads of time to game plan for a single game? No thanks.

Reaction Score
UConn is not going to change what they do. No way Stanford beats us. They learned that lesson last year. Stanford made an awful lot of horrible cross-court passes that should have been intercepted. Where was Notre Dame's D? Where was Briana Turner? Believe me, UConn will not allow Stanford to score 50 points in one half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom