Syracuse rallies from 15 down to beat Carleton | The Boneyard

Syracuse rallies from 15 down to beat Carleton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are Canadian. They don't have athletic scholarships. They probably have no height; thus, Rakeem Christmas had easy buckets. They were: disciplined. They practiced attacking a zone & did well per Dan Dakich.

Like playing a solid dII. Not even like #200-350 in NCAA.

Reaction Score
They are Canadian. They don't have athletic scholarships. They probably have no height; thus, Rakeem Christmas had easy buckets. They were: disciplined. They practiced attacking a zone & did well per Dan Dakich.

C'mon, did you really think he would be talking about the Syracuse University basketball team beating a character from a nick-at-nite show?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Not accurate.

But here’s what might come as a surprise: The Carleton University Ravens are good. Not just “good for a Canadian school,” but really, legitimately good. They have a point guard who would start for most any team in America and a big man who drop-steps more beautifully than most players dunk. They scored 95 in an exhibition win over Wisconsin, 10 more points than any team has scored on the Badgers all year. They hung with Cincinnati on its home floor, beat TCU and Towson by 26 apiece, and they took Syracuse to overtime, playing the Orange tougher than most of the ACC.

http://grantland.com/features/carle...a-syracuse-tyler-ennis-kansas-andrew-wiggins/

Reaction Score
Trust me: I've been watching Canadian University basketball for 45 years. My Dad was a basketball coach in upstate NY & we regularly played Canadian. Carleton is damn good for a Canadian University (and that article was about last years team); but, this was more about Syracuse playing poor.

Last year Carleton was unusual because they had 2 kids that were high US dI players. This year they have 3 kids that are 6-8 that are frosh & a 6-11 kid who hasn't started here in his third year. And they are still ranked tops in the country. The SUNY schools used to play these teams regularly ... And near them good. They are dII in almost every way. No scholarships.

And yet you see a lot of Canadians making it in the US & getting drafted. Both Toronto & Montreal are big urban centre. They've got athletic big kids that learn to play & are big. Then, go to prep & US for scholarships. Rare that top kids don't. Plus you have to get grades in Canada (unlike UNC); class work is tough.

Reaction Score

Exactly, all Canadians are like hobbits.

Reaction Score
Trust me: I've been watching Canadian University basketball for 45 years. My Dad was a basketball coach in upstate NY & we regularly played Canadian. Carleton is damn good for a Canadian University (and that article was about last years team); but, this was more about Syracuse playing poor.

Last year Carleton was unusual because they had 2 kids that were high US dI players. This year they have 3 kids that are 6-8 that are frosh & a 6-11 kid who hasn't started here in his third year. And they are still ranked tops in the country. The SUNY schools used to play these teams regularly ... And near them good. They are dII in almost every way. No scholarships.

And yet you see a lot of Canadians making it in the US & getting drafted. Both Toronto & Montreal are big urban centre. They've got athletic big kids that learn to play & are big. Then, go to prep & US for scholarships. Rare that top kids don't. Plus you have to get grades in Canada (unlike UNC); class work is tough.

I still don't think you're right. They whipped Memphis in back to back games about 2 months ago and beat a low major (Vermont) and a mid-major (Illinois-Chicago). They lost by 10 to Indiana without their best player (Philip Scrubb), who's still on the team. They're legit and, scholarships or not, are not DII quality by any means.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who Cares
Cuse, like BC and PC are old news and in the way
There's a climatic buildup until the NCAA rules on the infractions and until Boeheim's announces his date of retirement. Some of us have a sour taste in our mouths over the NCAA's handling of the apr. JC might still be coaching if that fiasco didn't take place. Boeheim has more wins than JC and it will be interesting to see if that changes! So there is some relevancy for now.

But I agree with you. Cuse will go the way of BC and PC sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
This is off topic of an off topic, but I had an appointment with a foot Dr, upon filling out paperwork on their website I found that the Dr I would be seeing is a Syracuse grad....

so my question is, is my cancelling of the appointment due to this too petty or the right amount of petty?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
This is off topic of an off topic, but I had an appointment with a foot Dr, upon filling out paperwork on their website I found that the Dr I would be seeing is a Syracuse grad....

so my question is, is my cancelling of the appointment due to this too petty or the right amount of petty?

Cancel???

Are you kidding???

And miss the opportunity to ask if he has a 25-0 Tshirt? Or what vacation plans does he have for March this year?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cancel???

Are you kidding???

And miss the opportunity to ask if he has a 25-0 Tshirt? Or what vacation plans does he have for March this year?

I was going to suggest wearing old sneakers without socks for a couple days, sans shower, and just unleash those things on him. But 25-0 might be more subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom