Syracuse paid to have UB come in and stomp them | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse paid to have UB come in and stomp them

Reaction Score
Not sure Oats leaves at all. The school is loaded and he could be the East Coast Mark Few with a couple of breaks.

Reaction Score
I don’t even dislike the team as much as I dislike their fans. They literally lose whatever smarts they have when they talk cuse ball. It’s infuriating arguing with people who just doesn’t get “it” and those people are Syracuse fans.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not sure Oats leaves at all. The school is loaded and he could be the East Coast Mark Few with a couple of breaks.

Yeah no. That’s not how it works, you don’t make decisions based on outliers.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Oats just got a contract extension that goes through 2023......and he's only making 600k plus incentives.

He'll command 4mil+ on the open market.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
[B]Jeff Goodman[/B]‏Verified account @[B]GoodmanHoops[/B] 14h14 hours ago
More
Buffalo coach Nate Oats on Syracuse: “No disrespect to their guys, but I think we do have better players.”

lol...Nate feeling his Oats. Needs to relax a little. Marquette is next. Lose the edge and they will get a good wake up call. Just have the team read Rothstein tweets about Buffalo and move on.

Nate Oats is confident and he doesn’t “relax a little.” It’s not in him. He said the same type of stuff last year after beating AZ.

They’re clearly a better team than Cuse, so why is it crazy that he thinks his guys are better players? I don’t see the logic.

Reaction Score
I live in Rochester New York so EVERYONE around me is a fan of Syracuse, Never liked them, never got the Boeheim love. The guy was never the legend people make him out to be. I still think the NCAA didn't have the heart to take away his one championship and that he was cooking the books for Anthony. He never was in JC's class. Nothing I like more than to see us out preform them!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I live in Rochester New York so EVERYONE around me is a fan of Syracuse, Never liked them, never got the Boeheim love. The guy was never the legend people make him out to be. I still think the NCAA didn't have the heart to take away his one championship and that he was cooking the books for Anthony. He never was in JC's class. Nothing I like more than to see us out preform them!

WNY reppin' and you have 2 of my favorite lady Huskies in your name - well done.

Reaction Score
Cuse fans are insipid and beyond reasonable
I also hope that Cuse loses every game left this season and the Picker hones his picking skill on that Cuse sideline for numerous years to come
I don’t even dislike the team as much as I dislike their fans. They literally lose whatever smarts they have when they talk cuse ball. It’s infuriating arguing with people who just doesn’t get “it” and those people are Syracuse fans.

Geno made a comment many years ago that Rutgers fans were born miserable and stayed that way. Applies to Cusefans as well.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Once they get into conference play they'll be lucky to go .500, meaning they could end up @ 16-17 wins.. The good news is that Syracuse is no longer as attractive a destination for top level recruits as it was, and whatever cache they gain from being in the ACC is negated from having to play in the ACC and lose all those games. Every 3,4 years they will get a team of Juniors/Seniors that makes a run but i wouldn't be surprised is they are only tournament bound 1x every 3,4 years.. Nobody wants to play zone, live in Siberia, or deal with some snot-nosed whine ass like Boheim when there are much better options out there.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about having to root for Syracuse this year, they aren't a tournament team and neither is Arizona.

Syracuse IS a tourney team. You can write them in, in pen, before the season starts, no matter how they do, pretty much every year. Like the Detroit Lions always play on Thanksgiving, there's no NCAAT w/o the 'cuse. It just 'is'.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oats to Cuse is as obvious a fit as Hurley to UConn was. Will Cuse make the same wise decision? We’ll see

You guys realize he's actually a Midwest guy, yes? He just ended up in Buffalo cause Bobby recruited him.

If oats wants the cuse job, he'll have to wait 3 years at min. I don't see him doing that

Reaction Score
You guys realize he's actually a Midwest guy, yes? He just ended up in Buffalo cause Bobby recruited him.

If oats wants the cuse job, he'll have to wait 3 years at min. I don't see him doing that
I didn't know where he was from. I was coming from the point of Oats very likely being the best coach on the market this summer, who also so happens to be familiar with recruiting that area. Paired with cuse clearly needing a coaching/philosophy change

Reaction Score
Looks like UMass should have joined the MAC instead of remaining in the A10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom