Syracuse help for Saturday... | The Boneyard

Syracuse help for Saturday...

Reaction Score
Heading to Cuse for weekend. Was wondering if anyone knew what tailgate situation was. It looks like you park away from dome and get shuttled in. I guess I can live with that if necessary. However I am Looking for specific information on whether it’s tailgate friendly for alcohol, grills, space for games etc. Trying to decide if I want to tailgate or just find a bar for the few hours before and then Uber to the game or try and actually tailgate.

One thing that is easy about our home games is the parking and tailgating. So we have that going for us.

Any help appreciated.

Reaction Score
Heading to Cuse for weekend. Was wondering if anyone knew what tailgate situation was. It looks like you park away from dome and get shuttled in. I guess I can live with that if necessary. However I am Looking for specific information on whether it’s tailgate friendly for alcohol, grills, space for games etc. Trying to decide if I want to tailgate or just find a bar for the few hours before and then Uber to the game or try and actually tailgate.

One thing that is easy about our home games is the parking and tailgating. So we have that going for us.

Any help appreciated.
Hard to tailgate around the Dome. Most spots are in small parking lots that are either already reserved or fill up quickly. There are a few bars on Marshall St that also fill up quickly or try around the Armory Square area downtown (about a 10 minute ride to the Dome).
Wouldn’t think they’ll get a huge crowd for the Huskies but SU also hasn’t been 3-0 in a long time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hard to tailgate around the Dome. Most spots are in small parking lots that are either already reserved or fill up quickly. There are a few bars on Marshall St that also fill up quickly or try around the Armory Square area downtown (about a 10 minute ride to the Dome).
Wouldn’t think they’ll get a huge crowd for the Huskies but SU also hasn’t been 3-0 in a long time.

Canadians don't have much of a tailgating tradition.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We went to our game there in 2004. We parked in a garage. There were more than a few folks tailgating in the parking garage. That was weird. We were invited to join one tailgate, and we did for a few minutes.

Reaction Score
Tailgating at any college that is located in a middle of a city is difficult. I woudl just park in one of the decks (garages) and hit the bars on Crouse right next to campus. Armory Square has a few good bars, too, though, its about a 2 mile hike back to the Dome and Syracuse is not the prettiest city to go for a stroll through.

Or, the UConn Alumni has this set-up.

Syracuse vs UConn Football: Pregame and Game Tickets

Reaction Score
I always park at the skytop lot. It's always been tailgate friendly in the past. There is a free shuttle to the Dome before the game, and back to the lot after the game.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Syracuse Suds Factory-has a free shuttle to and from the dome. Used it several times and it was simple. Get there a few hours before the game and get a ride ticket from a waitress/ bartender.

Reaction Score
I always park at the skytop lot. It's always been tailgate friendly in the past. There is a free shuttle to the Dome before the game, and back to the lot after the game.
That's where we'll be with the RV

Reaction Score
Skytop is a good place if you want to tailgate. If you want a good bar to hang out pregame, go to
Shaughnessy's downtown (it is in the Marriott aka the old Hotel Syracuse). They have a shuttle to the Dome and back. The food and atmosphere is good.

Here is an article on Randy Esdall that talks about his role helping to re-establish the Syracuse program in the 1980s. He was a great assistant at SU but left when he was passed over for the HC job when Mac left SU for the Patriots.

Randy Edsall's fingerprints are all over (nearly) every great Syracuse football memory

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom