Syracuse has done that before | The Boneyard

Syracuse has done that before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That was terribly impressive - you rarely see a team encapsulate everything they've ever been about as succinctly as Syracuse did this evening. They dragged all the short comings out this evening. Simply amazing.

Honestly, that was performance art.

But not the first time they've performed it.

Reaction Score
That was one of the biggest coaching mismatches I've seen. They should change their name to the Syracuse Yellows

Reaction Score
Cuse will live and die by the 3 pt. shot in the tourney.The problem with that is at some point, probably early, they won't be hot enough from outside the arc to win. They were not very plucky in the second half. This Cuse team has a severe lack of pluckiness.

Reaction Score
Cuse will live and die by the 3 pt. shot in the tourney.The problem with that is at some point, probably early, they won't be hot enough from outside the arc to win. They were not very plucky in the second half. This Cuse team has a severe lack of pluckiness.

The funny thing is, before the BET, they shot less than 30%. Southerland did his best Ray Allen impersonation in the BET. It will be interesting to see how they shoot in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
That was terribly impressive - you rarely see a team encapsulate everything they've ever been about as succinctly as Syracuse did this evening. They dragged all the short comings out this evening. Simply amazing.

Honestly, that was performance art.

But not the first time they've performed it.

Still can't imagine kickin' ass for 25 minutes, only to have your ass whooped for the next 15. That was a clinic. An 11 minute field goal draught for the Cuse during that run was amazing as well. They have set the ineptitude bar fairly high.

Cuse has done this before, and they will do it again.

Reaction Score
Boeheim was reckless and thoughtless in how he managed the foul situation. Yes, they had a big lead early, but Pitino teams always make a run in the second half and their game plan is to tire you out over the full forty minutes. The greatest coaches know you win the game in the second half, not the first. You have to make sure your best players are on the court in the second half and that may mean sacrificing some in the first half. This game is a reminder of how superior Calhoun was in managing and understanding the dynamics of a championship game compared to Boeheim. Pitino is one of the best, U of L outscored Syracuse by 30 in the second half.

The best coaches are able to think not only about the current time and score, but possible scenarios later in the game. The ability to make quick smart decisions, but also be thorough in mulling over all possibilities are what makes a multiple National Championship coach.

Reaction Score
SU has some of the nation's worst fans. I suspect they will begin a slow decline in the ACC. SU football hasn't been anything in years and Boeheim won't be around too much longer although he's
not the best coach in the world either. I hope the Orange enjoy the ACC tournament in Greensboro. I have relatives in Greensboro--it's a nice quiet place to live but the tournament environment just
sucks-no excitement at all. The old building in Raleigh was good in the 60's and 70's but the Greensboro Col. is a big nothing.

Reaction Score
There is a thread on the Syracuse board titled "Good Riddance to this Stupid ducking League"
What a bunch of idiots, Syracuse basketball would be no where close to where it is today without the Big East and their fans should be ashamed.

They had fans complaining about the officiating, and how they can't wait for the ACC. If they thought last night's refs were the issue, they're really gonna hate the ACC.

Cuse and Pitt will have a hard time adjusting. The ACC is nowhere near as physical as the Big East.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
you would think they'd be used to underachieving seasons and disappointing losses by now

next stop, the Sweet Sixteen, where Cuse dreams go to die

Reaction Score
The joy is that Cuse doesn't get to print new T shirts and neither does the CYO.

Reaction Score
There is a thread on the Syracuse board titled "Good Riddance to this Stupid ducking League"
What a bunch of idiots, Syracuse basketball would be no where close to where it is today without the Big East and their fans should be ashamed.

The Cuse fans keep going on about how LVille was "allowed" to play a style of game that is not legal and thus the final outcome. I'd like an SU fan to tell us how the officials forced SU to shoot 12/26 from the line.

And holy cr*p.....Lville assisted on 20 of 23 field goals??????

Reaction Score
SU has some of the nation's worst fans. I suspect they will begin a slow decline in the ACC. SU football hasn't been anything in years and Boeheim won't be around too much longer although he's
not the best coach in the world either. I hope the Orange enjoy the ACC tournament in Greensboro. I have relatives in Greensboro--it's a nice quiet place to live but the tournament environment just
sucks-no excitement at all. The old building in Raleigh was good in the 60's and 70's but the Greensboro Col. is a big nothing.
They really are delusional. I love the quote about how the Syracuse admin. needs to be proactive once they join to "not allow UNC and Duke to run the league." LOL. Let me know how that goes.

Reaction Score
They really are delusional. I love the quote about how the Syracuse admin. needs to be proactive once they join to "not all UNC and Duke to run the league." LOL. Let me know how that goes.

Kansas, KY and IU could join...UNC and Dook would STILL run the league.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but let's not forget that L'Ville was the only team this year to make UConn (especially Bazz) just quit while the game was going on.

Cuse is overrated and sucks and all that, but L'Ville has the game to just embarrass opponents and make them poop their shorts.

If UL has six more 2nd halves like that in 'em, they're the 2012-13 NC. There's not a team out there that can withstand that buzzsaw.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but let's not forget that L'Ville was the only team this year to make UConn (especially Bazz) just quit while the game was going on.

Cuse is overrated and sucks and all that, but L'Ville has the game to just embarrass opponents and make them poop their shorts.

If UL has six more 2nd halves like that in 'em, they're the 2012-13 NC. There's not a team out there that can withstand that buzzsaw.

The key for Louisville, is they have to bring it. They have to be consistent. As Siva and Smith go, so do the Cardinal. In the first half, those two were atrocious. Once they started executing against the zone in the second half, it set up their press, which created that buzzsaw.

Siva and Smith can be the best backcourt in the country. They can also seem like one of the worst. If they play like they did in that second half consistently in the NCAA's, then there is no doubt that they can be cutting down the nets in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
honestly mcw is immature but he is good. With all those athletes, I'm still curious to why JB limits their potential by playing the zone 99% of the time. it's just dumb. Especially when Pitino started overloading and JB made no adjustments. it's like he's not even coaching lol

Reaction Score

Did you forget Bazz's collarbone? Kid could not lift his arm up. Hard to shoot or do anything on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom