Syracuse game thread. | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Syracuse game thread.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Eight assists for the game for them. Playground ball. If they were tall enough they'd spend the whole game trying to out dunk each other.

Reaction Score
I hate Syracuse but I felt bad for number 10, Slims. Poor girl barely had a chance to play.

Reaction Score
Normally, I'd be the first to praise someone who gives us a courageous game.
but when you as a team boasts...
....not so much.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought that one could have been reviewed by the refs to decide if it was a flagrant.

Agreed. There either IS a rule or there ISN'T. At least check the monitor.

Reaction Score
Yep. She's the only one taking shots early in the shot clock.

Yes, hopefully UCONN will coach that 1 on 5 mentality out of her this offseason. There have been plenty of possessions where she dribbles around and chucks up a long trey shot. No one else gets to touch the ball and it's an empty possession. Sadly she gets the shot to fall ocassionally that it gives her confidence for the next time she wants to try hero ball.

Don't get me wrong, she's a great talent, just needs to learn that there is a time and place for that type of play, and it's not when team ball is thriving.

Reaction Score
Yes, hopefully UCONN will coach that 1 on 5 mentality out of her this offseason. There have been plenty of possessions where she dribbles around and chucks up a long trey shot. No one else gets to touch the ball and it's an empty possession. Sadly she gets the shot to fall ocassionally that it gives her confidence for the next time she wants to try hero ball.

Don't get me wrong, she's a great talent, just needs to learn that there is a time and place for that type of play, and it's not when team ball is thriving.
Hopefully she will learn how to be PERFECT soon.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You must have missed the foul on KLS by #55 that nearly took her head off. The replay CLEARLY showed it wasn't a BB move, it was simply an attempt to injure. She went right for her head, no attempt to hit the ball. Low class. I'd use the "T" word but rules forbid it.
No, I didn't miss it and I did check out the replay, and it was a basketball move, it was a forearm that hit Lou in the face as she extended the ball away from Day and put her face between the ball and the arm - it wasn't particularly hard as Lou was already falling to the ground having left her legs behind her - no where near a flagrant foul and not worthy of review.

Uconn was very aggressive on offense and that was an aggressive take by Lou that was more likely to end in a foul than not. Didn't see a single play that I thought was 'overly aggressive' in the game, nor did I see many bad decisions by the refs - they bought one head toss that was not a foul, but I actually thought the other ones were fouls in that little sequence. Uconn ended up with 9 PFs and Syracuse with 15 and most of the Syracuse fouls were on shots so Uconn ended with a 20 to 5 advantage in free throws. I don't think Syracuse had anything to complain about there though the announcing pair noticed the discrepancy and did comment - Syracuse players and coach didn't make any comment on it. And it pointed to the aggressiveness that Uconn displayed on offense and Syracuse settling for jump shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom