Syracuse Game report | The Boneyard

Syracuse Game report

Reaction Score
So I am the one who had a daughter who decided to go to Syracuse over Uconn. I went to visit her this weekend for the first time. My personal feelings aside I of course will always support my daughter. Had not been to the dome since I was about 11 years old (1981).

First of all because I wanted to make sure I would outwardly root for the home team to support my daughter I did only thing I could think of. I bet on the orange. I bet occasionally but made sure this was a larger than normal wager. So this part worked out.

Some observations:

Very quick to get into dome, with many more entry points. Sat in corner of endzone upper level. Seats are much steeper compared to the rent so I was higher but closer to field. Good view to take in the game. It was very warm in the building. We think our ushers are a pain but they had two ushers at every section entrance and they would not let you pass without checking tickets. Fans arrived late and left very early; very similar to the feel at our games. In fairness this game ended up taking over 4 hours so that may have been a factor. I guessed building was a little more than 50 percent full which would have been 26-27k. Announced crowd was 33K. There appeared to be much less promotion/advertising during timeouts but they definitely had some. Band was good but not to Uconn level. It did not seem like the band was mic'd which I think is better. Student turnout was pathetic. Could not have been more than 500-600 in total. Fans were pretty loud and engaged on third downs etc. I will say the team was entertaining to watch, particularly on offense.

I figured I would post some thoughts. I will be there again when we travel next year for the football game. Hope My daughter transfers to Uconn but either way I will be there.

One last item, that much Orange all at the same time in a concentrated environment is so painful to look at for four hours.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Thanks for the report. I'm curious how friendly the fans were. Every fan base is different.

Like your daughter, my choice came down to Syracuse and UConn (about 35 years ago). Both are good schools, but I never regretted my decision.

Reaction Score
Parents are supposed to teach their children life lessons such as not picking the lesser of two schools that costs twice as much.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You are a failure as a parent. ;)

Reaction Score
it is a Mausoleum

The very basics of the building cannot be fixed. It is a 1970s Dome ... and that it still is in operation makes it a rarity. The site lines; the cavernous concessions; the stink. It feels like an old building and I, frankly, would rather be in a 1930s Armory where you at least have nostalgia today. As it included some State infrastructure monies when built, the place is seemingly irredeemably not easily replaced. By State, County, City ... nobody will build a YUM Center in the 315.

Reaction Score
Among my many failures was allowing her to attend the Cuse. I shared and laughed along with many of you here over that and understand the continued abuse!

I found the people around us to be quite nice. Of course I only had on my Uconn shorts and was voting for the orange based on my wager.

I was not in what would be considered a good seat but I thought the sightlines were good. As I mentioned I felt a bit higher but closer to the field than a similar place in the Rent. The concessions were good with no lines when I went. I only was having beers which surprised me that they even had that in campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom