Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game | The Boneyard

Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, seems like a lot of points given our offensive offense and way-too-conservative coaching. I think we win the game because we are the better team talent-wise, but in a similar fashion to the UVA game.

Would be nice to blow them out like old times.

Reaction Score
Tough to predict. Cuse has an awful defense but up-tempo offense. I actually think if we score more than 20 it's because we're playing catch up. I'd take 13-10 because that means our defense is for real and can hang around with most. If we win the turnover battle, we win the game.

Reaction Score
Have you seen how Cuse has played?
:eek:

I've seen WHO they've played.

- beat Colgate 33-7
- lost to 'Ville 62-28
- lost to USF 45-20

Currently 'Ville is ranked 3rd in the latest AP and USF has votes in both polls.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
UConn for the win, but take 'cuse and the 7. Also bet the house on under.

This could be uglier than the UVA game.

Vegas's algorithms won't know how to spit out a solution for the BCU game.
God yeah. 7-6, 12-10, no way the over

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Cuse did lose two starting DBs this week - No?

That could only help them. They've been getting torched like no defensive backfield in the history of the sport. That guy from UL could have gotten 500 yards.

Reaction Score
Don't like the matchups. Their weakness against pass won't harm them much against UConn. How many deep passes will we attempt and on the shorter ones they just need to make ok tackle plays as there are few situations where we slant over middle or get lone defender in danger along sidelines. Their strength (at least in game saw some vs. LV) seemed the controlled short passing game. That's the way to beat UConn's bend don't disturb opponent defense if you don't have great speed at RB or WR and QB is a pocket type.
Johnny football was in shotgun in college for a reason, much easier to read defense and react - not saying our guy is that good but think he needs same type of scheme advantage.

Reaction Score
We better catch them now, because according to Syracuse fans it's only a matter of time before Babers takes over the college football world. He only needs to find a kid or two willing to tackle someone.

Reaction Score
7 seems about right. Lines aren't set by birds pecking at a food source. SU has only played in the Dump Dome and always plays much worse outside. I can easily see a 24-14 game. Scoring in the 20's may be frustrating but it's fine if the opponents don't. I haven't bet sports in many years but those of you that do really need to consider the Dome factor in your pick on the over/under.

Reaction Score
They have a tranfers WR...i can't think of his name, but the kid is a problem. Great hands and strong as bull. There QB is fairly mobile. However, their Defense is terrible.

That line will be down to about 3.5 at kickoff.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
This game could be decided by a FG, like most of the USF-UCONN games over the years.

I don't know how good your kicker is this year, but the SU guy split the uprights on a 49 yarder yesterday.

Another key is turnovers. They had three to our none. Just hold on to the ball. I know it's easier said than done.

Their defense is pretty bad against both the run and the pass.

They game out guns blazing. So, be prepared from the start. They wilted after the first quarter.

Good luck.

Reaction Score
This game scares me. They will move the ball. They moved the ball on Louisville pretty damn well. They get the ball out quick. Their QB has decent foot speed.

We need to score about 28. Their defense is a sieve. I don't think man for man they have the athletes UVA had on December. There is no one as good as Blanding, #9, or their LB #51?, at each of those levels.

Reaction Score
As frustrating as our offense has been they are due to take a big step forward and this would be a good week for that to happen. I don't see us keeping Syracuse to 10 points. Should be a great environment with the biggest crowd since Michigan.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised by this line, but I would imagine Vegas has a better handle on these things than the Yard.

Reaction Score
I predict this line will come down to about -2.5 by kickoff. Cuse has moved the ball 400+ against #3 Ville and USF and was in both games until the 4th qtr. They handled their FCS opponent (Colgate) to open the season with relative ease compared to us. Hate to say it but this game could get out of hand early if we don't scheme and execute a lot better than we have to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom