Syracuse beat us in 1999, 2004, and 2011 | The Boneyard

Syracuse beat us in 1999, 2004, and 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not the end of the world. It's just disappointing to lose to a team that they're much better than.
Agreed. Watching the game, it didn't seem like they had the talent to keep up with us. And yet their players were gritty, took advantage of the team's mistakes, and played the zone well enough to flummox ours.

It's a game they should have won. Just looking for some sort of silver lining here.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you could even say the zone did anything. We had *tons* of wide open looks and muffed them. That and our ball movement was horrendous AND the sheer number of lobs was just... crazy.

That being said, I think that's the worst this team is capable of. When you defend poorly, don't hit your free throws, biff layups, don't make open looks and don't pass well vs the zone, you will lose a lot.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you could even say the zone did anything. We had *tons* of wide open looks and muffed them. That and our ball movement was horrendous AND the sheer number of lobs was just... crazy.

That being said, I think that's the worst this team is capable of. When you defend poorly, don't hit your free throws, biff layups, don't make open looks and don't pass well vs the zone, you will lose a lot.
I mean, there were a number of possessions where they passed around the ball around the perimeter without getting below the three point line.

The zone certainly had an effect, even if all the things you mention (missed FTs, missed layups, etc.) are true.

Reaction Score
So, good mojo, I guess.

I have high hopes for this team, and one game isn't enough for me to abandon them. A sh¡tty game, but not the worst game a very good UConn team has played, historically.
I know you're trying to be positive, but I am already positively pissed. Hate losing to anyone, but them even more. Was even disgusted by Bilas kissing SU butt. We just made their year. F them

Reaction Score
It's not the end of the world. It's just disappointing to lose to a team that they're much better than.

Not better if Miller and Gibbs are no shows like today. Don't understand it, I get one player having a bad night (happens to the best players), but both? Did they not understand the history of this rivalry? Gotta bring yournA game.

Reaction Score
So, good mojo, I guess.

I have high hopes for this team, and one game isn't enough for me to abandon them. A sh¡tty game, but not the worst game a very good UConn team has played, historically.

You sir, are a voice of reason, post of the year. The Mojo is close by

Reaction Score
We got beat by Louisville that did not make final four by 40. One game is one game. Want team peaking in March not November.

Need to make more shots and improve the defense....lets have faith that they can and enjoy another big match up with the zags.

Reaction Score
Also Lydon looks like he will be one of Syracuse's best players ever, that kid is so legit.

Think he's a very nice player but doubt he will go out as one of their best ever. Have a feeling our guys made him look better than he was but that's just me. He was 4 of 10 from the field, not exactly Coleman like.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Think he's a very nice player but doubt he will go out as one of their best ever. Have a feeling our guys made him look better than he was but that's just me. He was 4 of 10 from the field, not exactly Coleman like.

Carmelo was pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky