Swofford revealed to Aresco... | The Boneyard

Swofford revealed to Aresco...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
He was only taking one team (some in the media had speculated he would take three [UConn, Louisville, Cincy]) to replace Maryland. Aresco claims he's friends with Swofford so it's quite possible that he intimated which team they were leaning toward.

Now recall this all went down when we the Big East was adding Tulane and during that teleconference Aresco made zero mention of UConn yet mentioned Louisville. Even Tulane president and UConn alum, Scott Cowen, went out of his way to to not mention UConn and rather said he played football for a big east school.

So was Swofford pushing us without his presidents consensus? Or was there only initially a minority of BC, Miami, FSU and Clemson opposing that then flipped the table?

I don't know that this even merits discussion, but I think this shows just how close we were to getting picked.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...sco-american-athletic-conference-commissioner

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Interesting Dan, no doubt about it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
CBSSports.com: You've mentioned how the American will be an "innovative" league. Can you be more specific about that innovation over the next two, five, 10 years?
MA: Well, first of all, look at our logo. I think it's quite different.

Climbing back in the oven now...

Reaction Score
CBSSports.com: You've mentioned how the American will be an "innovative" league. Can you be more specific about that innovation over the next two, five, 10 years?
MA: Well, first of all, look at our logo. I think it's quite different.

Climbing back in the oven now...

The logo is the main thing I'll miss if UConn leaves for one of the Big 5.

Reaction Score
It was a little tougher for UConn because they lost so much of the teams they played with over the years.
You think Mike?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We kinda lost all of them, no?

Reaction Score
Not only have we lost all the teams we used to play, but we even lost the name of our conference. That's pretty bad. Temple used to be a school we were so ashamed to have in our conference that we would kick them out. Now, they're one of our better schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom