Swish: Sources say the finalists for USC are.... | The Boneyard

Swish: Sources say the finalists for USC are....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Also says GG is finalizing her spot at OSU. She did great things at Duke. Some of it had to do with the allure of Duke as a university, but she did build that program from scratch. OSU at least has good history so it will be really interesting to see what she does with it. I'm rooting for her...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Banghart is a hot property right now. That she's getting looks from prominent programs is a good sign for the sport. It would be good to see less recycling of mediocre coaches and more exposure for promising young coaching talent.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I would love to see Cooper get the job. I think she would do an amazing job there, I would be interested in seeing what she would do with some talent.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hi! This is my first post. I've been lurking these pages for awhile but just now am posting. I realize the USC job is the focus of this post and I hope they get a coach who can get the results out of all their talent they have there but my question is in regards to the OSU job since it's been brought up here.

Didn't the report released by the Ohio State AD say they wanted a coach who had some connections with Ohio to help keep some talent home? Does GG have connections to Ohio and the talent there that I am unaware of that would help her keep talent home like OSU wants?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Cooper-Dyke comes with baggage (serious NCAA violations at PV). I'm sure she's the favorite of the alumni but I'm not sure she's the right choice for Pat Haden.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Cooper-Dyke comes with baggage (serious NCAA violations at PV). I'm sure she's the favorite of the alumni but I'm not sure she's the right choice for Pat Haden.

(We've had this discussion before on the board, but...) I understand that there were really stupid violations on her part at PV, but that was early in her college career, they weren't outrageous, and she's moved on. And she's won. the knock on her is program jumping, junior college players and can she stay long enough to build a recruiting pipeline.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
GG grew up in Michigan so she has regional connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom