Swarbick says "stability of new big east allows ND football to remain independent" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Swarbick says "stability of new big east allows ND football to remain independent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We should have added UMass, Temple, Buffalo, Kent St., and upgraded Nova as our 5 additions. That would have made travel much more practical.
- turning sarcasm off now-

Reaction Score
Now that Notre Dame is the conference commissioner your basketball schedule since Connecticut is the flagship team in the Big East will probably be home and home with Houston,SMU, and Notre Dame. More money for the Irish and have to keep the newest members happy. I really hope Uconn ends up with us in the ACC because Uconn and Syr matchups would give the ACC something else to talk about besides North Carolina and Duke. Then the ACC could truthfully say the greatest basketball conference ever. Four great programs and coaches in one conference at the same time

Reaction Score
Now that Notre Dame is the conference commissioner your basketball schedule since Connecticut is the flagship team in the Big East will probably be home and home with Houston,SMU, and Notre Dame. More money for the Irish and have to keep the newest members happy. I really hope Uconn ends up with us in the ACC because Uconn and Syr matchups would give the ACC something else to talk about besides North Carolina and Duke. Then the ACC could truthfully say the greatest basketball conference ever. Four great programs and coaches in one conference at the same time

LMAO. You named three great basketball progtrams. Three of the few with more than a pair of championships. You named one very good basketball program, one that you should absolutely be proud of and that I love playing. But you are delusional to be lumping Syracuse with the other three you named.

Reaction Score
When you really think about this whole thing its pretty clear that Notre Dame is very happy with these new additions. They love the idea of playing basketball games in Houston and Dallas, in addition to the large markets they already have in New York, DC, Philly, Chicago, Orlando, and Tampa. Even Louisville, Milwaukee, Hartford, Cincinnati, and Providence are decent markets. This expansion should make the Big East game plan crystal clear. They basically just want schools that represent large metropolitan markets. It's basically a pro type alignment. No other conference will give them this ability to play in large markets throughout the country, in many cases in NBA arenas. They are not leaving until something drastically changes on the college football landscape that forces their hand. I don't think we are even close to that scenario playing out yet.

UConn needs to think about our basketball product in these same terms, at least until we get out of here. Embrace this for it's ability to spread the UConn basketball brand to pretty much every inch of this country. I think that if Navy doesn't come and with Air Force already out we are looking at adding UNLV and Memphis as full members next based on this pattern. I also think that Boise and SDSU will be in as full members eventually as well.

Reaction Score
I spent 9 years of my life flying to Dallas and Houston at least twice a month. None of the 4 available airports are great although Hobby and Love seem more efficient than DFW and IAH. The on time performance at most TX airports are awful. It is a hell of lot more travel than it is to any ACC city. But I guess since people already are used to the 4+ hours to ND, Marquette and DePaul, they are used to it. As I posted at some point, there will be year when Uconn or RU or Providence will have a BB schedule over a two week period that will include a trip to Marquette, back home for a game, out to Houston, back home for a game and out to SMU for a game. And with a little luck it can be in the middle of mid-terms. And then people can post why does the team look so sluggish tonight?

I haven't flown to Dallas in a while, so what's the status of the Wright Amendment these days? Used to force everyone except in the surrounding states to DFW. And driving from DFW to Dallas isn't exactly a quick trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom