SVP and Russillo on Uconn | The Boneyard

SVP and Russillo on Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They started the first 5 minutes or so of the show on Uconn, and I thought they did a great job of summing up this run. They essentially said this is absolutely the story of the tournament, and all things considered, Ollie has done an amazing job, and at one of the most important times for the Uconn program. SVP commented on the crowd, "during every timeout it was U-C-O-N-N, Uconn, Uconn, Uconn".

Russillo mentioned he has lived around and in CT since the early 80's and has been following Uconn a long time. He could not believe what he has witnessed, much like many of us. They said replacing Calhoun might have been one of the hardest jobs they could think of in college basketball, and it looks like Uconn has done it.

Reaction Score
They started the first 5 minutes or so of the show on Uconn, and I thought they did a great job of summing up this run. They essentially said this is absolutely the story of the tournament, and all things considered, Ollie has done an amazing job, and at one of the most important times for the Uconn program. SVP commented on the crowd, "during every timeout it was U-C-O-N-N, Uconn, Uconn, Uconn".

Russillo mentioned he has lived around and in CT since the early 80's and has been following Uconn a long time. He could not believe what he has witnessed, much like many of us. They said replacing Calhoun might have been one of the hardest jobs they could think of in college basketball, and it looks like Uconn has done it.
dude are you kidding me? did you hear them talk about how every single one of our opponents was a 'disappointment' . Russillo claims we made it this far only because of napier. a one man team. lmao we lose to st joes without a brimah jump hook. we lose to nova without boatrights floor game. Then theres the belittling of the isu win, even though they just beat unc.

How are you supposedly knowledgeable about hoops but don't bring up our top tenish defense efficiency ?!?

Reaction Score
dude are you kidding me? did you hear them talk about how every single one of our opponents was a 'disappointment' . Russillo claims we made it this far only because of napier. a one man team. lmao we lose to st joes without a brimah jump hook. we lose to nova without boatrights floor game. Then theres the belittling of the isu win, even though they just beat unc.

How are you supposedly knowledgeable about hoops but don't bring up our top tenish defense efficiency ?!?

I heard that, but I don't think they were that far off. I'd disagree slightly that Napier is our only good player. But I think most of this board was in agreement that this was a great draw. St Joe's isnt a traditional power, and probably ended up being our toughest game. We pulled that win out of our . Nova was probably the one 2 seed we'd prefer to meet, then we get to MSG, where our fans would take over. They didnt even mention the Niang injury, which certainly allowed us to avoid a big matchup problem. I thought overall they were very complimentary of Uconn.

Reaction Score
They did mention the injury as a way to rip us...but I thought they were half fair. They blasted our opponents for losing the games instead of lauding us for winnin them, but also Gave A Lot Of Love To KO

Slightly more douchey than complimentary though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
F anyone who talks about the ability of the opponents vs the accomplishment of the team
Just a look at the seedings of those UConn beat will tell you they beat some very good teams.
I am sure before the dance, these guys lauded Nova for their season, lauded St Joes for their tournament victory, praised ISU and the mayor and they probably both picked MSU to at least reach the final four. Injuries are part of the game - they beat NC without the player.
It's the same thing over and over - it's "sexy" to beat on UConn and JC.
Most of these commentators are probably cuse grads from that world famous school of broadcasting
I love hearing UConn being the underdog, the bad guy, the outsider - it makes each victory sweeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom