Sveta to be in the house on Thursday | The Boneyard

Sveta to be in the house on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
bout time we had a game. with no games, even other team's big games, there's been precious little to talk about. add to that no recruiting news and it's a real down time for WCBB in general, and UCONN specifically. let's get it on!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
bout time we had a game. with no games, even other team's big games, there's been precious little to talk about. add to that no recruiting news and it's a real down time for WCBB in general, and UCONN specifically. let's get it on!!
Here's some recruiting news: Diamond will commit!

But I am not saying when--or to what school--because I don't really know. :)

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score

You consider Fairfield a game? I would probably pay $10 for a good seat if it was at Harbor Yard

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You consider Fairfield a game? I would probably pay $10 for a good seat if it was at Harbor Yard
well it can't be any worse than the last game. lordy - not only did we play horrible (at least the first half), but Charlotte is a REALLY bad team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
well it can't be any worse than the last game. lordy - not only did we play horrible (at least the first half), but Charlotte is a REALLY bad team.
They are so bad that they changed their name to Charleston to protect their identity. :)

Reaction Score
She was a grad assistant for the 2002 team. Sue, the consensus NPOY, and others will be there.

Will be at the game and look forward to seeing Svet, one of my top 3 UConn players. Wish Asjha, DT, and Tamika were going to be in the house.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So is Charleston :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will be at the game and look forward to seeing Svet, one of my top 3 UConn players. Wish Asjha, DT, and Tamika were going to be in the house.
Give a big cheer for Sveta and Sue. They both understand Russian!

Reaction Score
Sveta's name hangs individually on the wall of UConn All American's in Gampel Pavilion along with the other greats. However, she never came back to be honored as such. Sveta should ask 'emotional Italian coach, why him give no honor before?'

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Soooo, you're saying Svet, Asjha, DT, and Tamika are your top 3 UConn players?

Reaction Score
She is looking forward to this trip and I am sure they are having dinner at Geno's new mansion tonight........With the current team...........Is Geno on WTIC tonight?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I've posted this before, but Svet's legacy should be on par with Maya's or D's. I truly believe her senior year injury robbed her of that. She was playing ball on a level and in a way that would be ahead of its time now, much less 11 years ago.

Looking forward to the game. Will be my daughter's first UConn game live!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've posted this before, but Svet's legacy should be on par with Maya's or D's. I truly believe her senior year injury robbed her of that. She was playing ball on a level and in a way that would be ahead of its time now, much less 11 years ago.

Looking forward to the game. Will be my daughter's first UConn game live!
Nice job--developing the next generation of Boneyarders!

I am not sure if Sveta's legacy was quite at Maya's or Dee's level, but she would have been a 3-time AA (maybe she was anyway) and quite possibly the career scoring leader. If she's not in the top 3, she is on the short list of the greatest.

I'm looking forward to the next European great at UConn. Hopefully, Geno will attract some outstanding 17-year old while in London.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Nice job--developing the next generation of Boneyarders!

I am not sure if Sveta's legacy was quite at Maya's or Dee's level, but she would have been a 3-time AA (maybe she was anyway) and quite possibly the career scoring leader. If she's not in the top 3, she is on the short list of the greatest.

I'm looking forward to the next European great at UConn. Hopefully, Geno will attract some outstanding 17-year old while in London.
Had Svet completed her senior campaign, she still would have been short of D or Maya in terms of personal accolades. However, I think her very best ball was on par with anyone's. Her passing ability from the four spot was simply ridiculous. She could start or finish a break, and at 6'2", was hell in the halfcourt, too. We're just starting to see more players with her height and ball skills come along. Cannot wait!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Had Svet completed her senior campaign, she still would have been short of D or Maya in terms of personal accolades. However, I think her very best ball was on par with anyone's. Her passing ability from the four spot was simply ridiculous. She could start or finish a break, and at 6'2", was hell in the halfcourt, too. We're just starting to see more players with her height and ball skills come along. Cannot wait!
Let's see. 6'2". Runs like the wind. Can hit the three. Comes from Georgia (Ok, the one in the U.S., not Russia). Sixteen years later, it's Diamond DeShields! Baby Sveta!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The game against Fairfield UConn is going to induct the 2001/2002 team on the Wall of Honors.

What I don't understand is why this event wasn't more highly publicized. No one why attendance is on the decline when UConn can't more effectively publicize one of their most popular teams.

Reaction Score
I will be at the game, first game at Gampel in ages for me. I am bringing my son. He came home from college for Christmas and asked if there were any UConn games at Gampel. He felt like going to a game like we used to do when he was a little guy. Little did I realize it was going to be the game they honor the team he most often went to see before he reached his pre-teen and teen years and lost interest. Perfect timing. We loved to watch Sveta. I'm glad he mentioned it or I wouldn't have gotten tickets. I guess I can survive Gampel for a few hours for him and to see Sveta et al.

(OT - the wind is really strong tonight in CT. Our lights are flickering in a major way. I am thinking there is a good chance we will lose power - AGAIN!)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The game against Fairfield UConn is going to induct the 2001/2002 team on the Wall of Honors.

What I don't understand is why this event wasn't more highly publicized. No one why attendance is on the decline when UConn can't more effectively publicize one of their most popular teams.
Yeah, considering it is widely regarded as the greatest team of all time!

Reaction Score
I bet the place goes crazy when Svetlana is announced. I was at a game at the HCC some years ago, and alumnus Svetlana was in attendance. I had pretty good seats, and I spotted her across the arena. A little while later, the house camera picked her up, and she got a great ovation. I saw her on the concourse between periods, and she looked great in her pink (IIRC) dress! It was a shame that her career ended on cruches.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I will be at the game, first game at Gampel in ages for me. I am bringing my son. He came home from college for Christmas and asked if there were any UConn games at Gampel. He felt like going to a game like we used to do when he was a little guy. Little did I realize it was going to be the game they honor the team he most often went to see before he reached his pre-teen and teen years and lost interest. Perfect timing. We loved to watch Sveta. I'm glad he mentioned it or I wouldn't have gotten tickets. I guess I can survive Gampel for a few hours for him and to see Sveta et al.

(OT - the wind is really strong tonight in CT. Our lights are flickering in a major way. I am thinking there is a good chance we will lose power - AGAIN!)

post DT era?

so its not only our elderly its our teens too... lets pin it on Playstations & texting :p

Reaction Score
post DT era?

so its not only our elderly its our teens too... lets pin it on Playstations & texting :p
No, more like homework and socializing with friends...and it not being cool to hang with Mom any more after a certain age. Bribes of ice cream, pizza, popcorn don't work forever.

However, this gives hope to parents of teens right now...they do come back and realize hanging with Mom and Dad is not so bad after all. They just need to get out of that "leave me alone and stay 10 feet in front or behind at all times" phase, i.e. out of high school!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom