Susan, you have a call from the ACC line 1 | The Boneyard

Susan, you have a call from the ACC line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
please please answer. I want to see Duke, UNC, Cuse at the XL. If MD & Rutty are gone, we cannot miss this opportunity, even if we must take a 1/2 share for a season or 2.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
More like ACC Office, you have calls from UConn's President, AD, and Trustees on lines 1 through 20.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Time to be aggressive & get our school into a conference with a Future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What do you suggest that they do? We're like the only girl left sitting at a middle school dance. Everyone knows that we're ready to dance, if asked.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I get the idea, but it's not the league office they should be calling, it's the.member university presidents and those people they listen to. People like TV executives.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Time to be aggressive & get our school into a conference with a Future.

That may actually NOT be the ACC. Hope WM is talking to his B1G friends as well.

GemParty

Reaction Score
There is a pecking order for optimal success. NBE is low on it. As far as what do you suggest Susan can do? That's her salary & problem to figure out. The Pitt/Cuse exit was a quiet backdoor exit, let's hope she's more prepared to strike on this opportunity. I don't care how, just get us in an attractive spot.

Reaction Score
I say let it go to voice mail. The ACC will always be there. The better play is to call the Big 10, convince them to go to 16 now and show how a UConn/Rutgers tandem really locks in the NYC market. To me, jumping to the ACC now does very little to strengthen our situation. Its clear the Big Boys want 4 major conferences, leaving the ACC in the dust, and with Maryland's defection and you have to think soon to be FSUs, that is exactly how this will play out. Why leave irrelevance to join irrelevance. Hold out, convince the Big 10 of your worth and leave the likes of Syracause and Pitt in your rear view mirror!

Reaction Score
And he was the only one that wants to "protect their turf". I doubt that

The fact that BC embarassed the ACC with the public disclosure of this last time, and put ESPN at legal risk, almost guaranties that no one else in the ACC will give a rats ass what BC wants or thinks this time around.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The fact that BC embarrassed the ACC with the public disclosure of this last time, and put ESPN at legal risk, almost guaranties that no one else in the ACC will give a rats ass what BC wants or thinks this time around.

Without watching this whole thing closely, I would agree with this. BCU and DeFillipo (sp?) ended up looking like petty s.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I say let it go to voice mail. The ACC will always be there. The better play is to call the Big 10, convince them to go to 16 now and show how a UConn/Rutgers tandem really locks in the NYC market. To me, jumping to the ACC now does very little to strengthen our situation. Its clear the Big Boys want 4 major conferences, leaving the ACC in the dust, and with Maryland's defection and you have to think soon to be FSUs, that is exactly how this will play out. Why leave irrelevance to join irrelevance. Hold out, convince the Big 10 of your worth and leave the likes of Syracause and Pitt in your rear view mirror!
Big Ten is option 1- a Supermodel. The ACC is atleast a date. The NBE is home alone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big10??? Since when was the B10 interested in us? Don't think so.

Note the similarity of what you said to the "supermodel" desciption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom