Susan Herbst statement on Expansion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Susan Herbst statement on Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is all very sad to me. I love the Big East. UConn owes everything to the Big East. Everything except their future survival. I know we gotta do what we gotta do, better the ACC than the MAC. I guess. I hate the ACC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is all very sad to me. I love the Big East. UConn owes everything to the Big East. Everything except their future survival. I know we gotta do what we gotta do, better the ACC than the MAC. I guess. I hate the ACC.
I could not agree more.

Reaction Score
While the Big 10 might have more dollars, I'd much prefer the ACC. I just find the concept of UConn playing Minnesota or Northwestern to be so bizarre. The ACC makes geographical sense, which means that I actually can go to some road games, too. Maryland, Syracuse, Rutgers, BC would all be within a very reasonable drive.

I also see it a lot more feasible that UConn finds a way to rise to the top of the ACC, as opposed to the Big 10 - just can't see us ever eclipsing Michigan/OSU - but FSU/Miami/VT? Maybe.

Reaction Score
If they go to either conference it will be time to look at an rv...and we better make the rv lot at Rentschler even bigger!

Reaction Score
If they go to either conference it will be time to look at an rv...and we better make the rv lot at Rentschler even bigger!

Agree on point 2. There wouldn't be much more travelling in the new-ACC. We'd likely play at BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland every year. Our furthest trip would be Miami. There'd be less travel in this conference.

Reaction Score
At this point I'd take either big-boy seat, but would prefer ACC since our other natural BE rivals would be following. We'd be complete outsiders in the B10. Kinda like BCU is now.

Reaction Score
At this point I'd take either big-boy seat, but would prefer ACC since our other natural BE rivals would be following. We'd be complete outsiders in the B10. Kinda like BCU is now.
+ 1
If PSU has complained about being an outsider in the B10 with their tradition, how will we be relevant to Michigan, OSU, etc.

Reaction Score
This ties in with the ACC insider that stressed how important academics were to the ACC, and they played a larger role than most pundits realized.

Window-dressing. If the Big10 presidents can flat out admit that academics had little to do with Nebraska's inclusion, then I refuse to fall for a statement like that from a conference with Clemson in it.

Reaction Score
Since all of our local rivals are now in the ACC, we might as well be there too. B1G is nice for more money, but we will be an outsider in that conference. I suppose if RU is there with us in the B1G, it will add some local favor but ACC we got a real chance to compete. If BCU can make it to the ACC championship, we will be there soon enough.

I just wish this is over soon. This realignment stuff is killing my enjoyment of college football.

Reaction Score
Well said Herbst. Glad to see she's being proactive.

Reaction Score
Window-dressing. If the Big10 presidents can flat out admit that academics had little to do with Nebraska's inclusion, then I refuse to fall for a statement like that from a conference with Clemson in it.

I believe you mean FSU.

Reaction Score
Let's go backwards on this Big10 talk. There is absolutely nothing out there telling us the Big10 is looking at anyone other than ND.

Reaction Score
Let's go backwards on this Big10 talk. There is absolutely nothing out there telling us the Big10 is looking at anyone other than ND.

Was there anything telling anyone that Syracuse and Pitt would be ACC members 48 hours ago???

Reaction Score
i for one am drooling over the thought of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan etc coming to the rent to play us every few years

not shabby... but I'm dreaming about about warm weather road trips down south instead of Cincy in December (if this all has to happen in the first place).

Reaction Score
I believe you mean FSU.

No, I meant Clemson. Florida State is ahead of it. , As for Clemson, very poor support at that school, and it's no wonder they don't draw faculty that can pull in research grants. They give no support and force 3-3 or even 4-4 loads. That's why they are at $140 in total research, with a good chunk of it being agricultural research, and $15 million just got pulled by the state.

Reaction Score
i for one am drooling over the thought of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan etc coming to the rent to play us every few years

if we did end up in the b1g (and i am very skeptical of this possibility) i cannot imagine any scenario where they would invite us without expecting that we build an on campus stadium. imagine the infrastructure investment that the state would need to coordinate in order to make the trip from route 84 to storrs traffic more manageable? it's possible, but it would take $$$ at a time when the CT economy is still in a tailspin. i think the on campus stadium (or lack thereof) is a big, unspoken issue for us. Pitt barely gets away with this, in part b/c theirs is still in the same city.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Minnesota just built a stadium on 2009 with total capacity of 54k.

I would think that the B10 people would be happy with 55-60 k stadium where their fan bases in Boston & NYC can easily attend.

Reaction Score
Minnesota just built a stadium on 2009 with total capacity of 54k.

I would think that the B10 people would be happy with 55-60 k stadium where their fan bases in Boston & NYC can easily attend.

and it is not on Minnesota's campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway