Surpsing Vibe with this team, similar to 2016-17 team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Surpsing Vibe with this team, similar to 2016-17 team

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
To me, the preseason expectations, the offseason losses, the potential OOC schedule pitfalls and unknown leadership are eerily similar to probably my favorite team of all time, the 2016-17 team. Just like that team, we knew they had talent (KLS, Pheesa, Kia, Gabby, Crystal Dangerfield, Soniya Chong) but we didn't know what to expect with the Morgan Tuck, Breanna Stewart and Moriah Jefferson graduation. That team had an early close win at FSU, then a great home win against Baylor, then another good win against LSU to start 3-0 against P5 competition. They headed into Purcell Pavilion 7-0 and then again surprised everyone with an 11-point victory. While we know how that ended, it was still an unbelievable season for team we expected to have 4-5-6 losses yet didn't.

This team has rallied together, a sophomore has stepped up in a big way (KLS and Pheesa), we have a Junior Point guard displaying leadership and defensive chops (Kia Nurse) and we have a Junior G/F Athlete becoming a huge catalyst for us which is also similar (Gabby Williams). This team just seems to show calm, "I got this" mentality and have earned all the confidence of the coaching staff. How it will end, who knows but I for one, am already enjoying the ride. :cool:
I’ve had the same feeling that this team has the feel of that 2016-17 team, of which little was expected after the graduation of the Big 3. But they played beautifully together, going undefeated until finally losing in OT in the national semifinals. Hopefully this team wins the last game of the season…..

Reaction Score
I can never get into comparing our teams, as they are all great teams, and any difference, at best, would be marginal.
This team seems to have "orchestra like" parts that seamlessly fit together. Muhl's ability to see down the floor and hit the open players, inspires those players to get open.
The scorers score, the rebounders rebound and everyone plays hard of defense.
I just sit back and watch and listen to the sweet music of this team.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't know how she will play throughout the season, but from what I’ve seen of Lou, if she had been at UConn from the beginning and played this way, she’d be a definite AA, not sure what level, but she just scores - really accurate quick release. She has a chance even without a long UConn career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom