Surprise stat of the day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Surprise stat of the day

Reaction Score
There are 80 minutes (or more) available to Joey every game.

Clingon splits 40 minutes with Adama. It would be more if we played two bigs regularly but we don't.

It is easier to find minutes for Joey.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There are 80 minutes (or more) available to Joey every game.

Clingon splits 40 minutes with Adama. It would be more if we played two bigs regularly but we don't.

It is easier to find minutes for Joey.

This is absolutely it. Joey can play 1 through 3 in this offense, especially if Andre is on the floor, so he has greater opportunity for minutes. Both Clingan and Sanogo are 5s, and moving Sanogo to the 4 would take changing how the offense and defense are run so it's not as easy.

If Sanogo wasn't a first-team all Big East player then Clingan would be getting more minutes. I think Hurley needs to think about playing Clingan and Sanogo together a little bit more moving forward but it's easy to see why it hasn't happened much to this point.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
we must not be watching the same games then...it wasnt a dumb thread ,it's a fact
im really enjoying those new/newer posters. some of the handles are outstanding, and their proclivity to show up and toss a molotov at the sclerotic 'old hands' here is just plain awesome. highly entertaining.

Reaction Score

Big Don hit the freshman wall and is perhaps on the other side now.

Like I said, he had been struggling lately. !

Reaction Score

Big Don hit the freshman wall and is perhaps on the other side now.

Like I said, he had been struggling lately. !

So when did Clingan hit the freshman wall? It seems like that would be after the Marquette game when he had 20 pts, 10 rebounds, and 5 blocks in 21 minutes. The 8 game stretch after that game until now his #'s look kind of paltry and it would be considered his worst stretch of the season. It seems to have coincided with Sanogo's best stretch of the season...

Prior to that Clingan was destroying Sanogo's per minute numbers and was the best per minute player in the country. Still over Clingan worst stretch (hitting the freshman wall) this is how he stacks up per minutes with Sanogo and Jackson over that stretch. I mention those two players because many on the board think Clingan is getting shortchanged badly this season on minutes and think a couple ways of rectifying that are playing Clingan and Sanogo together for some minutes and or having Clingan cut into some of Jackson's minutes.

Sanogo- 16.6 pts, 8.6 rebs, .4 blocks

Clingan- 9.2 pts, 14.5 rebs, 3.7 blocks

Jackson- 4.4 pts, 6.3 rebs, 2.9 assists, .3 blocks

Clingan- 8.3 ppg, 13 rebs, 3.3 blocks

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I don’t claim to be a bball expert by any means (and def part of the fellowship) but hard for me to see how MVP to 7 min/ game makes sense. I’m a fan of Hurleys program building but not game day coaching. Jax getting 30 and DC 7 isn’t helping the team win. I think DH is blinded by player loyalty to ‘his’ guys
Its criminal. It makes no sense. The game changes so much when he is in and anyone can see that. I hope hurley comes to his senses.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Its criminal. It makes no sense. The game changes so much when he is in and anyone can see that. I hope hurley comes to his senses.
the part where some here go all pretzle explaining away this coaching baloney gets even funnier when they also say how great the ooc stuff was, where donno won the mvp of that tourney.

i say 'so which is it? were those superteams that donno manhandled, or were they chopped liver and donno really doesn't deserve more time now?'
and,
'im really enjoying those new/newer posters. some of the handles are outstanding, and their proclivity to show up and toss a molotov at the sclerotic 'old hands' here is just plain awesome. highly entertaining.'
great aim. rock on.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Joey was playing 20+ a game OOC because he was shooting 50+% from three. He hasn’t played 10 in 4 of the last 5

Alleyne played 30+ to start the year because Andre was injured. He’s been at 10-15 for most of conference play, other than the last few games where he’s back around 20 due to Andre foul trouble (4+ fouls in 3 of the last 4) and the recent Andre conundrum

Clingan should get more minutes but this isn’t really a good way to highlight that. Can’t compare PGs and SFs getting minutes as a reason why a C should get minutes

EDIT: forgot about Diarra, but he’s also played less than 10 minutes for 4 of the last 5. Backcourt rotation is shortening

Haha, oops

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom