Sure we won...but the really good news is.... | The Boneyard

Sure we won...but the really good news is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We weren't out rebounded for the first time this season!

U

UCONNfan1

I thought you were going to say "the really good news is Providence went down to Penn State". I don't even consider them a rival but I'm sick of the recruiting threads regarding them and I would love to see them be $hitty this year.

Reaction Score
Aren
I thought you were going to say "the really good news is Providence went down to Penn State". I don't even consider them a rival but I'm sick of the recruiting threads regarding them and I would love to see them be $hitty this year.
Aren't they $hitty EVERY year?

Reaction Score

They have the most delusional fan base I've ever seen. They are taking over New England and UConn is going back to oblivion blah blah. Before every season tips off they start talking about how dominant they're going to be NEXT season. It's always NEXT season. Suuuuure

H

Husk-E

I thought you were gonna say that UMass lost (Which they did). That is just sweet. What now clothy, uh!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I miss the days when Providence was coached by Pete Gillen and they mainly kept to themselves

Reaction Score
They have the most delusional fan base I've ever seen. They are taking over New England and UConn is going back to oblivion blah blah. Before every season tips off they start talking about how dominant they're going to be NEXT season. It's always NEXT season. Suuuuure

Don't forget that UConn fans aren't real fans because we won championships. I still don't get that one.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't forget that UConn fans aren't real fans because we won championships. I still don't get that one.
Someone actually said that? For real? And they weren't being ironic or sarcastic? Delusional doesn't begin to cover it then...

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Aren
Aren't they $hitty EVERY year?

Without a doubt, they are. But unfortunately, they beat us way too often. They are less relevant nationally than even Seton Hall (and are on the Holy Cross path to irrelevancy in the new world order), but they do make for a nice little regional rivalry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Umm, not quite. I think you should learn how to read a boxscore.

Sixes and eights have always been confusing to be me but the good news is that we almost weren't out rebounded!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Someone actually said that? For real? And they weren't being ironic or sarcastic? Delusional doesn't begin to cover it then...

You can only be a real fan if you're rooting against your team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Different takes on qualities of a good fan.

Is the person who goes all bat dung on his team when they perform badly a good fan because he is passionate about the game and insists his team perform to a high standard.

Is a quality of being a good fan someone who roots for a team in spite of that team not having won anything of significance.

Is a fan bad because he jumped on the band wagon only after the team became successful?

All I can picture is that set of commercials about questioning the guys fanhood!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom